Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Tri Bike Mike" Article Question
Quote | Reply
I finished my first tri this past weekend at the California 1/2 IM on a 2001 C'dale multisport bike. I was one of the 25 or out of 1850 that didn't ride a true tri bike. In reading DE's Tri Bike Mike article I was left with a few questions: At 74 inches tall with a 33 inch inseam am I considered tall? Do I have long legs? A long trunk, or both? These seem like critical issues when deciding what type of bike to buy. Any suggestions? My current bike has 650cm wheels, should I be on 700's? Can someone tell me why one is better that the other? Many thanks
Quote Reply
Re: "Tri Bike Mike" Article Question [btdov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don't think these are critical questions. no one asks if they're too long or short legged to ride a road race bike.

the very BEST thing you could do for yourself is to get onto an adjustable fit simulator and see what sort of position works well for you. best is something that measures things, and on mine i affix computrainers to them.

if you're in socal (which i assume you might be since you did ralphs) i'll have three of them set up this weekend at the fixapalooza, you can play around and see whether a steeper, flatter position works for you.

for about 7 out of 10 who do triathlons, this is the position for them.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: "Tri Bike Mike" Article Question [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have clicked on that article link 3-4 times in the last couple of days. It just sends my computer into fits causing the damn thing to crash. All the other links work good though. Anyone else having this problem?

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: "Tri Bike Mike" Article Question [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i can't reproduce the problem. tried using a different browser?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply