Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
"This changes everything." COME. ON.
Quote | Reply
rant.

Tririg's The One tagline "This Changes Everything." Come. On.

Unless they meant "this changes your position" and a few words dropped off, this hyperbole might be waaaay overshooting things. You're putting up what's a small incremental design in a product.

"Changes Everything" should be reserved for the day we get to fly around with rocket packs that cost under $50, or discover a new species that solves global warming.

This here is an item that will assist riders get into positions that 80% will drop in the last hour of their bike leg.

They have introduced a handlebar with bolts that go a bit differently than the older bolts. I don't know if this would even count as "innovation."

And if they're going to overstate this so ridiculously, I'm going to rise to it and call it out.
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And if they're going to overstate this so ridiculously, I'm going to rise to it and call it out.

You're right, they should be called out.

Your post changed everything for me :)

Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your sarcastic callout of the callout changed everything for me.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

I don't feel changed. I want my money back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't 95% of triathlon about selling you speed?

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Your refund is in the mail.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
M~ wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Oh great. If it is Canada Post I will never get it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Hard to see how they are changing everything when they are just building on the idea from the Cervelo P5X. In which case Cervelo changed everything and Tririg were the first of many to follow in their footsteps.
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
They sell "speed". As in saving single digit seconds over 40 Km. Useless to AGers riding 50% of the course on the bullhorns.
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Karl wrote:

They sell "speed". As in saving single digit seconds over 40 Km. Useless to AGers riding 50% of the course on the bullhorns.

Howbout useless to 95% of AGers who'll lose more time due to super-obvious errors and inefficiencies in:

- Transitions
- Staying in aero
- Suboptimal clothing
- Suboptimal bike position

All of which will totally eliminate those expensive seconds gained. Heck I don't even practice my transitions since I learned how to do them 5 years ago, and in my sprints and Oly tris last season, I was gaining anywhere from 20sec to 3 minutes (!) against my AG in T1+T2 combined, and I wasn't even trying to 'win' the transition, with plenty of room for improvement there. (The OA winner from EverymanJack beat my T1+T2 by 30 seconds, and of course, beat me overall by a LOT more than that!)
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Karl wrote:

Technically speaking they'd be gaining a marginal advantage over all the other AGers riding 50% of the course in the bullhorns.
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
All of which will totally eliminate those expensive seconds gained.

I'm making the same post twice, but those seconds aren't eliminated! You're still going faster than you otherwise would, and gaining an advantage over people who make the same mistakes!
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
lightheir wrote:
All of which will totally eliminate those expensive seconds gained.

I'm making the same post twice, but those seconds aren't eliminated! You're still going faster than you otherwise would, and gaining an advantage over people who make the same mistakes!

I’ll take this, and with it, Let’s just hold tririg to their word, then: if this is the case, it changes your bike split from an hour, to an hour and 3 seconds in the MOP. Faster, yes. 3 seconds faster. If this is said athlete’s definition of “changes everything,” s/he must be in a near constant state of - I dunno - euphoria? Ecstasy? It must actually be hard to operate in that kind of wonderful world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:

I’ll take this, and with it, Let’s just hold tririg to their word, then: if this is the case, it changes your bike split from an hour, to an hour and 3 seconds in the MOP. Faster, yes. 3 seconds faster. If this is said athlete’s definition of “changes everything,” s/he must be in a near constant state of - I dunno - euphoria? Ecstasy? It must actually be hard to operate in that kind of wonderful world.

I dunno. I'm going to bat for Tririg here. Some context is important. The text underneath "this changes everything" is a lot of text about bike fit. The term "mobile fit lab," tilt adjustment, 21 arm cup positions, ultra-comfy cups.

I think it's reasonable - given the known fit adjustment in addition to the text - to think that if there's a bar that's going to help that riding-the-bullhorns triathlete get a comfortable position and be 100% of the time in the aero bars, this could be the bar for them. Of course said triathlete has to meet the comfy position halfway and go ahead and train in that position. But that does change everything for him if he pulls that off.

But this is a dude who's arguably made a bar that's has the best combination of adjustability/fittability and aero in the history of the bike industry. Full stop. Going up against heavy hitters with big budgets and retail channels.

And we're going to fault him because he dares use the same marketing-speak that almost every damn bike company uses?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely! It’s a tweak to a bicycle steering apparatus. This quote, which I won’t attribute, sums it up better than I can.

As humans, we waste the shit out of our words. It’s sad. We use words like “awesome” and “wonderful” like they’re candy. It was awesome? Really? It inspired awe? It was wonderful? Are you serious? It was full of wonder? You use the word “amazing” to describe a goddamn sandwich at Wendy’s. What’s going to happen on your wedding day, or when your first child is born? How will you describe it? You already wasted “amazing” on a fucking sandwich

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello davetallo and All,

You pose a question ... with an easy answer ..... how to fight word inflation ..... just like when money inflates ... your use more of it ...

awesome! becomes very very awesome! or most awesomest ever! to very very most awesomest ever in the whole galaxy!! (when used to describe a new bicycle chain lube)

Make up words like Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ..... be creative ...

Adapt .... change is coming at you .....

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
But this is a dude who's arguably made a bar that's has the best combination of adjustability/fittability and aero in the history of the bike industry. Full stop. Going up against heavy hitters with big budgets and retail channels.

Where is that thing that he's supposedly made?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think if they had included a way to get 1 mm reach increments (like the sliding mechanism on the monobar of the trek SC) instead of 20 mm, that would warrant the “this changes everything” statement.

Combine the P5x stack adjustability and trek SC reach adjustability, you have the best bar on the market..... hands down.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Combine the P5x stack adjustability and trek SC reach adjustability, you have the best bar on the market..... hands down.

That would be the bar that would CHANGE EVERYTHING.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
stevej wrote:

But only if it were manufactured by Dash and recommended by Jim @ERO? Right?
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:

Can someone tell me where I go to shop for the elitism?
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
M~ wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Oh great. If it is Canada Post I will never get it.

Well, if you lived in a proper locality instead of in the bush that wouldn't be a problem

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can see your point about hyperbole, but I certainly believe this will begin, or at least expand, an aero bar war. We've gone about as far as we can with frames, powermeters all work pretty well and are about as cheap as they're going to get. I've done a lot of helmet testing lately and they're all beginning to test similarly. New bike purchases are down, and many of my clients are looking to upgrade their current sleds. Aero bars are low hanging fruit and can actually make a significant difference. In that sense this bar could change everything. Based on my inbox, Nick sold a lot of bars yesterday.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: "This changes everything." COME. ON. [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:

kileyay wrote:
only if it were manufactured by Dash and recommended by Jim @ERO? Right?

As amazing as that sounds, I know my limits, and that might be pushing things. Kinda like when George tried to combine food, TV and sex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S449KdjPKrY

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply

Prev Next