Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Road to Ironman" TV show dropped for infomercials
Quote | Reply
NBC Seattle affiliate King 5 bumped the scheduled "Road to Ironman" and ran infomercials instead. Did anyone see it? Was it any good?
Last edited by: Train Wreck: Oct 11, 03 14:41
Quote Reply
Re: "Road to Ironman" TV show dropped for infomercials [Train Wreck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was good, The 3 or 4 age groupers got to train with two pros for three days on the Kona course. The first day they did the swim, the second day the bike, and the third day the run. I only saw 20 of the 30 minutes. It will replay on December 5th on the Bravo network
Quote Reply
Re: "Road to Ironman" TV show dropped for infomercials [Train Wreck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It actually wasn't bad. It had the potential of being one of those cringe-inducing fake reality-show things, but for the most part the three age-groupers came across pretty well and Wendy Ingraham and Chris Legh did a nice job as training partners. Some different views of the course too, which you sometimes don't get in the regular broadcast. Their bike ride reminded me of those winds in 2001!

Good luck to the three of them next Saturday.

(And apropos of nothing...I think this year's race might be very good. But NEXT year, with the potential of Simon Lessing and, dare I say it....a 50 year old Dave Scott on the course, will really be something to watch.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was pretty good. You got to see some different views of the island. I think they left out alot of nutrition/hydration breaks and stops. They all looked "too strong" at the end of the marathon. Maybe they were just that good though!
Quote Reply
Re: "Road to Ironman" TV show dropped for infomercials [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how many women that got really close to qualify (my wife included) got pissed to see that one woman on the road to kona did not qualify, but was given a slot at the end of the 3 days there...
Quote Reply
Re: "Road to Ironman" TV show dropped for infomercials [KYROCKET] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The show on a whole was pretty good - cool to hear about Ingrahm and Legh's meltdown years and to see alternative views of the course. One question: What's the deal with that one age grouper riding with one arm in the aerobars and one on the pursuits? He was giving an interview like that for what seemed like 5min? Pick one or the other buddy! That made me laugh.

Also, I doubt they did the whole marathon...
Quote Reply
Re: "Road to Ironman" TV show dropped for infomercials [kcwiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed the same thing.

I think he had one hand down on the persuit bar because as he was giving that interview, he was following and right behind the camera car. His hand was on the brake lever so that he control his position to the camera/car.
Quote Reply
Re: "Road to Ironman" TV show dropped for infomercials [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I think they left out alot of nutrition/hydration breaks and stops. "

I think they left out way more than that. They could have given much more actual training advice and more specifics about the course itself. About all they showed of the run was the Energy Lab. What happened to the rest of it? They spent too much time showing cute camera angles instead of offering anything helpful. What were the goals of the participants? Just to finish? To compete for AG awards?

To me it was the same kind of lame production the IMH broadcast receives. Too much fluff and no meat.
Quote Reply