Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tight wetsuit neck
Quote | Reply
Tried on a new BlueSeventy Helix today. It was great- good fit, apart from the neck which tried to garrote me. Veins standing out on my neck, felt awful.

Am 125, 5'5 and it's a medium suit. Can't believe I need a large. Just the wrong make? Try a different style? Had similar issues with a 2XU previously.

Have I just got a fat neck?

Any suggestions for stretching the neck of the suit, as other than that it seemed great.
Quote Reply
Re: tight wetsuit neck [triFP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wetsuit makes me feel like I'm getting an aneursym. In pictures you can really see it. I have an Xterra, similar proportions to you I think. I do manipulate the velcro tab in the back and that gives me some relief. Also try to relax my neck . It does stretch a little when you get wet. Sofar head explosions have been the least of my problems while swimming...but if you really feel pressure that bad in the Helix, try another brand. GL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it chafing and causing you blisters or just really tight?

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: tight wetsuit neck [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really tight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you been swimming with the wetsuit yet? What you describe sounds like the sign of a good fit once you get in the water. I have not read of any way to stretch neoprene that doesn't destroy it instead. If after swimming in the new wetsuit, you find it intolerable, then sell it in ST Classifieds and buy something like a DeSoto 2-piece suit. Hopefully, you live someplace where you can try on wetsuits before you buy them.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: tight wetsuit neck [Spicy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have have had the same problem with an Xterra suit and know others that have had that problem with Xterra as well. I was able to stretch the neckline a bit using two pieces of wood crisscrossed. Some of my team mates actually cut the neck collar to loosen it (just a straight cut vertically in one place). It's a problem with the design of the suit. I now swim in a suit that has a "t-shirt" collar--eg, low and know ridgeline around the neck.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply