Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

splish sizing
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Ok, since you guys were talking about splish suits in one of the threads I thought I would pose this question.

Is their suit (1pc) sizing comparable to other suit sizing?- ie; Speedo, TYR, etc. I'm pretty long waisted, so I either
buy a 34 or 36 so the suit doesn't ride up and become a thong before my swim sets are finished.

Also do the suits hold up pretty well in the long run. I have like 2 favs that I'm drooling over right now, but don't want
to commit just yet. I hate shipping things back if they don't fit right.

thx for the input. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: splish sizing [kitkat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the polyester suits I have a Splish and some Dolfin suits. The Splish one is definitely longer than the Dolfin ones in the same size. They have all lasted forever! Go for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've only got the workout bikini from them, so can't speak for one-piece sizing, but I've had that thing for years now and it's held up great. It's my favorite, too, so I wear it a lot. I say go for it, too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have found that their thin strap suits I would size down from my normal speedo/tyr size. The wide straps I go with the same size. I prefer their skinny straps - very comfy. And mine too have lasted forever, and still look great.
Quote Reply
Re: splish sizing [cstine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanx for all of your feed back. mucho appreciated. :-) I have a Nike suit that has the thin straps and love it to death, but it is looking thin if you get what I'm saying here. Anyhow, time to make trax to splish and order a suit or two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, skinny straps are 1 size big. I'm a 32 in Speedo or TYR but a 30 in the Splish suits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely love my splish suits! I have had them for years. I wore them through my whole pregnancy and they stretched with me, never needed a maternity suit. I replaced them after the baby but aside from being stretched out, they were still in great condition. They are double lined so they last much longer than other suits.
Well worth the $50 price tag!

www.poshpossessions.com
Quote Reply
Re: splish sizing [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you! Perfect size info for me--I'm also a 32 in Speedo, but was thinking I should go down a size in Splish. I have a custom Splish suit sitting out there waiting for me to make a size decision, which I can now do! Hopefully, the sizing on the polyester suits runs about the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got 2 suits a few months ago (skinny straps). I get tons of compliments on them. They run a tad big. They seem to be wearing out a bit, one more than the other. I really love though and can't wait to order more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just one word of caution, if you get the PBT variety, these run a size smaller than the nylon suits. I ordered a 30 in PBT and thought the straps were going to slice my arms off. I had to reorder in a 32.

I do love my suit and the PBT fabric should last a long time, in my experience.
Quote Reply
Re: splish sizing [MonicaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all for this info - I have been wanting to order some suits as well, but not sure about sizing. I have a Speedo Endurance suit that has held up incredibly well and a Nike suit that I love, but has not held up at all!!
Quote Reply
Re: splish sizing [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I would have read this thread! My size 32 is HUGE. I keep thinking that I'm falling out of my top as I'm swimming...

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: splish sizing [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am very much interested in purchasing a splish suit but I've been concerned about the sizing...this thread helps!

I'm also interested in seeing the suits "on".....is that weird? I like to see how the suit fits before I make a purchase....anyone want to share any photos? or pictures of the suit they bought/created. Its helps to see where the imagines line up :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the opposite experience as y'all did. I even emailed them to inquire about which size to get. I told them I was 5'6", 120 pounds, 34A chest. They recommended a 28 for a snug fit, 30 for a looser fit. I went with the 28 and it's really uncomfortable. I didn't send it back, cause I know they custom make each one, Plus they had thrown in a matching swim cap for free.

Really cute stuff though. I will order again, but the size 30 next time.
Quote Reply
Re: splish sizing [Rika] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I've learned not to post photos of oneself on ST.. but there are a bunch of me, and me & Maggs in Splish on my blog:

http://rachelrosshawaii.blogspot.com/...tified-swimming.html

and one piece and bikini here
http://rachelrosshawaii.blogspot.com/...well-part-of-it.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the turnaround time like on these suits? I'm thinking the girls in my club might want to order some. How much time should I allow between placing the order and our race?

"When the going gets tough, get going!"
Quote Reply
Re: splish sizing [lisac957] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just emailed them 2 days ago about ordering suits and not being sure what size to order (I read the part of the website that says they custom make each suit so I was worried about returning one). The replied it was just fine to order 2 sizes and return, or order one and return for a different size. As long as it isn't a custom creation by you, they have no problem with returns/exchanges.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply