Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

need your help buying a new bike!
Quote | Reply
Hi Ladies,

i'm ready to upgrade my triathlon bike don't have a clue what to get. I do know that i want a carbon frame. The hitch is; I'm 4'11" and want to keep it around $2000.

Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: need your help buying a new bike! [amt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a smidge under 5 feet, and I ride a QR Dulce, XS. Love it! MSRP is around $2500.00.
Oh, yeah, and if you do search on the womens you can see some other options.

"A merry heart doeth good like medicine." (Proverbs 17:22)
Last edited by: miTmite: Feb 4, 09 6:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why the carbon frame?
for that price range, you might be better off with an aluminum frame with carbon fork and triangle, then you can get nice parts and bars. i have raced on aluminum frames on TT bikes and have loved them - last year i was on a blue T-14 (AL frame with carbon fork and rear triangle) with ritchey hammerhead bars and full DA and man that bike was awesome! so fast, and so comfortable.
in my opinion (after 4 years of serious bike racing and then switching to triathlon), a full carbon frame is not necessary for a good TT bike, ESPECIALLY if you are on a budget.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have just been researching this as well, and found that the main forum is helpful, the guys love this stuff. I am looking at a QR XS, there are various options. From the WSD of the Dulce to the Tequilo(1500$) or Chiquilo they all should fit. Was just at a local bike shop and they work more with triathletes, didn't see much difference between the WSD and other in the QR. There is also the Orbea WSD for about 2200 I believe, aluminum frame.
Quote Reply
Re: need your help buying a new bike! [trigirl74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Im 5' and I have an XS Dulce. Fits great and I love it. Bought mine at Nytro on sale at the end of last year, they had to put shorter aero bars on it. I would like to get a narrower base bar eventually but the one it came with is fine, not like I spend that much time on the hoods. Even the girlish paintjob has grown on me. And I like that it came with a 50/34.
Last edited by: vmandel: Feb 4, 09 16:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Felt S32. My husband found it for me on Craig's List-used 1 season, $500. As I am 5'9", I can't comment on how it would be for a person of smaller stature. Maybe some of the other womens can.
Quote Reply
Re: need your help buying a new bike! [pookie87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Planet X tri bike in xxsmall. With the Ultegra build and at the current exchange rate I think it's around $1,600
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just posted this on another thread... Kerry is going to wonder why she's getting so many hits from ST! But, you should check out her site. Good info on finding small bikes... plus she's funny and very nice:
http://www.kerry-litka.com/main/wordpress/
Quote Reply