Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ladies, help me find brown boots for my wife with a narrow leg...
Quote | Reply
My wife is 5'7'' and only weighs about 110. She is built like a teenager. I'm guessing some of you like to wear boots with Jeans etc. she loves Clarks. She found a sweet pair of black clarks, but wants a similar pair in brown. We've been to many stores and haven't had any luck.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: ladies, help me find brown boots for my wife with a narrow leg... [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you provide us with a pic, or a link, of the black ones she likes that she already has?

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: ladies, help me find brown boots for my wife with a narrow leg... [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure, maybe tomorrow...sorry not sure how to load via phone.

Thanks for responding
Quote Reply
Re: ladies, help me find brown boots for my wife with a narrow leg... [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not at my computer to check now but either she will have to have the shaft trimmed to size or visit banana republic. I too h ave small calves and usually get my shafts trimmed by a third if not more.

Quote | Reply
Funny you say that. We just talked about that this morning!

It didn't dawn on us until looking at shoes and realizing that we can probably get someone at a shoe repair store to do just that.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried Zappos? I'm pretty sure they have a search feature based on calf size. You might not be able to find the same Clarks, but you might find some similar that would work for slim calves.
Quote Reply
Re: ladies, help me find brown boots for my wife with a narrow leg... [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 Zappos does have that feature, and you can add other search features like "black" and "knee height" or whatever...they have lots of ways to help you find what you want and spend your $ ;)

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Before my tri/run days, I used to have to get the shaft trimmed by a shoemaker. Some of the larger department stores like neimen Marcus, Nordstrom, etc have someone on staff or at least can refer you to someone who can help with the size adjustment.
Quote Reply
Re: ladies, help me find brown boots for my wife with a narrow leg... [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great info, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending on the style you are looking for and how much you want to spend, http://www.fluevog.com tends to have boots with skinny calves. They are not for everyone, and are not cheap (but not stupid expensive either), but they have some killer sales under the clearance section (wife got some $500 boots for $175).

They are all handmade, so they might get in touch with you after ordering to say "You ordered a size 7, but these run big so we recommend a 6." You should listen to them :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty similar to the metrics you gave for your wife, and I've had really good luck with j crew boots. I have about a 14" calf and have a pair of brown riding-type boots that fit very well without being baggy in the ankle.

I second just getting them taken in. If you have an equestrian shop in the area they can probably tell you where to go (might be more reasonable than the dept store,) as it's common to have tall boots taken in or have gussets put in for the opposite problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got them!
Clarks mia brown from ebay. Big hit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Indeed boots are one of the weakness in girls and that too if the design speaks the personality. Like we say cheery on the cake. Love boot shoes and with proper size socks..

[url=http://www.agreatsock.com]activesocks[http://www.agreatsock.com]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, i am not sure who I should reply this too, but I can't be the only one laughing at ...." just trim the shaft size" hehe....hehehehe....hehehehe....

Sorry does that belong in the unladylike behavior thread? :)