Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

vitamins issue
Quote | Reply
 i'm wondering if others have had this issue. A couple of years ago I decided to start taking calcium supplements because, were all told us women we need to take calcium supplements. For the first time in my life I started having my period every two weeks and it was ridiculously heavy. i stopped taking them and the problem stopped.

two months ago i started taking b12 and magnesium supplements because i was feeling pretty low energy. i have not had my period since. i have the symptoms like the sensitive breasts, cramps, loose stools, the awful performance the day before the period should start, everything but no actual period. i have stopped taking the supplements. not looking to find a way to take supplements as my body clearly does not like them, but just wondering if others have had a similar problem when jumping on the supplement band wagon
Quote Reply
Re: vitamins issue [beckybeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How old are you ??? Only asking because the supplements may have nothing to do with this & you may be peri menopausal.
Best to go & get a FULL (hormones included) blood panel.
Quote Reply
Re: vitamins issue [beckybeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get a full blood panel done. First to eliminate any issues and second to see if you actually need to be spending money on those supplements.

I'm vegan and had been feeling crappy so I got my blood checked. I was convinced I had low iron. It turns out my iron was normal but I am low on B12. I'm feeling much better with B12 supplements and saved some $ by not buying iron supplements I didn't need.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply