Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Women's/men's bike shoes
Quote | Reply
Hello! I'm looking to buy triathlon bike shoes and was wondering if anyone knew if and what the difference between men and women shoes were? If there is a difference besides length? Thanks so much!
Quote Reply
Re: Women's/men's bike shoes [Jenlynch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Generally women's shoes are narrower than men's (that and the looks).
Quote Reply
Re: Women's/men's bike shoes [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As above. I'm a guy and the last bike shoes I bought were women's as they are the right fit for me. The shoes I bought are made by Lake. The "women's'" shoes are the same as the mens' narrow. The men's "standard" are wider (which are too wide for me).

I have found that the length of shoes is standard accross men's and women's sizing (i always use the Euro sizing as it seems to give a standard length irrespective of gender).

It may vary by manufacturer, it's worth researching online if the shoes are made in different widths.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

FWIW I have often bought women's running shoes as they fit me fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's/men's bike shoes [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I'm completely the opposite: with a wide forefoot (my toesies need room to spread out), all of my cycling shoes are unisex or men's, because compared to the women's shoes of the same size, the men's lasts are typically wider.

I consider it a bonus, since I'm not really a pink or colour-loving kind of gal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a woman with wide feet, I find that men's shoes fit better. For some reason, cycling shoes run really narrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's/men's bike shoes [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree about them running narrow. I wear Brooks narrow running shoes, but cycling shoes usually fit great out of the box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It probably depends on brand. I've got a pair of women-specific LG Tri X-Lite right now. They've got plenty of room in the toe box, but are narrow enough in the heel that they don't slip -- which is a big one for me, as this can be an issue with some other brands or with men's shoes.
Quote Reply