Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trainerroad 8 Days in California- any Womens in it?
Quote | Reply
I started last night and am trying to do the rides a day early (in case I slip behind or I need to skip a day for any reason).

I'm psyching myself up to do ride #2 this evening. Are there any Womens here who would like to commiserate? From what I read on the main forum this is going to get brutal...

--L
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad 8 Days in California- any Womens in it? [lilystyx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did it last year, but with IM CDA coming up I can't fit it into my schedule this year. It is definitely tough, but well worth it. My goal was to finish and do my absolute best. I dropped the last ride down to 95%, but other than that completed the rest. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad 8 Days in California- any Womens in it? [lilystyx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me! Just did stage 3. My legs feel fine but the trainer bike isn't nearly as comfortable as the bike I ride outside, so I'm having some chafing issues. And I'm volunteering/spectating IMTX on Saturday so I'll probably do 2 stages on Friday. Not looking forward to that. Funny thing is, I had pre-race jitters this morning after looking at the course. It's a blast so far.

"A merry heart doeth good like medicine." (Proverbs 17:22)
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad 8 Days in California- any Womens in it? [miTmite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the pre-race jitters too!

I've lived on my kickr all winter and haven't ridden outside since September...so I'm used to it but I really want to get out in the sunshine soon. Hopefully after a few days of recovery I'll be doing real riding.

I've had to drop the intensity to 95 or 96 % a few times but try to get back to 100 asap. I just finished stage 4 and it was ever so slightly easier than the last 2 days.

halfway done!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Half way there! Hope you're feeling strong. It does seem to be getting a bit easier.

Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad 8 Days in California- any Womens in it? [miTmite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just finished stage 5 and it was actually ok! I read on the main forum that people were able to complete it without decreasing the intensity so I forced myself to do the same.

I am starting to get some serious saddle soreness. I usually ride 3-4 days a week so this is a lot of rides in a row.

How's your energy holding up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stage 6 done! I'm feeling great but will have to double up on Sunday and do 7 and 8 back-to-back. I ride indoors 2 or 3x week, so having a little soreness as well. But I'm loving the workouts. We're in different time zones I believe so you must be close to being done. How's it going?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job! I just finished stage 7 and it was definitely hard but survivable. I took yesterday off and I think that helped. I really tried to get through the whole thing at 100% but at about 1:15 I had to drop to 95%.

Doubling up sounds tough- good luck!!

--L
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I finished, unofficially. After spending Saturday volunteering/spectating at IMTX I slept in Sunday and got on the trainer late. After stage 7 I realized that I missed the window and the stage was already closed. I did 8 anyway (90%). Legs we tired after standing in the sun all day. All is not lost though because I handed Matt Hanson some sponges and got to ask Ben Hoffman if he needed anything. So definitely worth the effort. How did you do?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job finishing- official or unofficial- it was a really hard challenge! I finished on Sunday and I've been exhausted all week. I managed a little trail run 2 days ago and I'm trying to talk myself into doing a new FTP test tonight. Hopefully this was a good fitness boost...if I can just get some energy back.

can't wait til next year!

--L
Quote Reply