Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do Thread (April 6/7)
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone is well!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread (April 6/7) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easter was great, so was the 4 day weekend!! Watching my son and his best friend run around the yard finding stuff was great. Not so great - having to explain to him that there will not be hot wheels hanging from the tree everyday....

Running was meh. Got in 2 out of 4 workouts. Did some good dog walking (even though it doesn't count as "exercise" in my books).

This week: 4 runs and maybe a bike. It's the first club ride on Saturday, but the weather forecast is iffy (but I'm kid free for the day, so I have to do something fun). Had the hardest workout of the week last night & it was okay. Not feeling confident about the race in May - but I paid & I'm showing up, so I guess "what will be, will be".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week of heavy marathon training was last week. Done. Last speed work, last tempo run, last 20 miler. All went well, except I cut the tempo run a tad short, I just wasn't feeling it and the gym was HOT HOT HOT and therefore I was totally dying... I've been doing my tempo runs on the treadmill because I'm total crap at pacing myself. Ran with a new run buddy for the long run (he's prepping for a 50k) and it was the fastest one yet. I died a bit on the very last mile but that's OK. I am feeling decent about the upcoming marathon (4/26). Still got in one swim and my poor bike was horribly neglected.
This week is a step down week and then it's full on taper time. yahoo!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good Easter - 4 runs, 3 weights, a killer long hike with kids & dog, only 1 ride. Feeling good. Feeling fine. No word back on that job.

This week: 4x runs including a 5k race (eek!); 3-4 rides; 3 weights; maaaaaybe 1 swim. Pray to job gods.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How are you tigerchik?

My week was good - 2 swims (of 3) - the pool being closed for 4 days was a nuisance, 4 bikes (of 4) and my FTP went up 11%, 4 runs (of 6) but I got my 12 mile run done and I negative splitted it so I'll take it. Really pleased with my recovery from the run as well so feeling happier about the HM later in the month. Also had a big structure fire on Sunday morning and I got a lot of nozzle time so more experience under the belt there.

We also got to hang out with friends on Sunday night and a second set drove in with their brood to have lunch with us on Monday.

This week is TR Sustained power build week 2, so 4 rides +/- an outdoor group ride if the weather holds Saturday. I've also reached Guppy week 8 where the swims include a 3000m straight swim. I've never swum more than 2500 in a session before so slightly anxious about the 3000. Not about whether i can do it but about how far I will get before I lose count. I think I'll travel to the better lane pool (50min drive or so) to do that workout because our local pool is kept waaaaaay too hot (27c). Ideally I'll get in 6 runs. Already done 1 run and 1 bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Swim x 3: win though 1 was super short
Bike x 2: win but only commuting
Run x 6: win
Core/strength x 4: win

Got to do my long run on trail at last! And rode trail down to the market Saturday, though it turns out there were still some really icy patches.

This week's goals:
Swim x 3
Bike x 1
Run x 6
Core/strength x 4

These spring ultras are coming up way too fast..

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I'm having a rough time with some work issues right now.
Last week I ran 6 times, rode 6 times (!), and swam 4 times. My goals had been 5 swims and way less running because my achilles tendon is kinda sore. I'm ok with the lack of swimming, but I'm trying to figure out how to cope with the school stuff without running / without running as much. I am seeing a PT today.
Eating has also been stressful, the major issue being eating too much sugar. I was all set to try and sugar detox and then had a soda Monday... chocolate that evening, and sour patch kids last night. :P sugar is ok, I just eat too much of it. So I'm not sure whether I want to try and eliminate it completely for a week or so and reintroduce it, or tell myself I can have 150 calories of candy a day.

The big thing this week workout-wise is a 3 day swim meet in my town this weekend :-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yay for the swim-meet! Which events are you competing in? (Sorry about the other stuff - hopefully the PT helps with the achilles.)
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread (April 6/7) [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all the freestyle events. 1650 on Friday evening, 500 on Sat., 1000 on Sunday. And the 50/100/200 whenever those happen to fall.
I am excited about it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:
Swim x 2
Bike x 4

Going well. No discomfort from injury or anything. I caught some sort of crud that's going around the train and office, so that killed my Sunday and was the cause of the missed swim. I still haven't made it to ballet either, because I haven't been able to make the class time with work. Starting to feel better, though! I haven't been sick in awhile. I've on the bike the last few days for an easy spin, but glad to be feeling better so I can do some work.

This week:
Bike x 5
Swim x 2 (it's already Wed...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gah - Last week the birthday on Tuesday was great, had a shit day in the pool on Wednesday which needed a lot of emotional processing (blogged in excessive detail here http://www.fyrehaar.com).

Going into the second round for a new job this week, fingers crossed. Started my race prep for Monte Rio Sprint. I get absolutely nuts with planning, it's how I calm my nerves.

Last week's goals
Cupcakes * 3 - done!
Run * 2 - done
Bike * 2 - missed Saturday, trade off for a class I wanted to take
Swim * 2 - done, ragefully, but done
Yoga * 1 - done

This week's goals
Brick * 3 (What what?!? Just realized how crazy this week is) - 1 down, two to go
Swim * 2 - also one done. On my plan instead of just Masters so I passed 2000 yards in a workout for the first time since getting back in the pool in November)
Run * 1
Bike * 1
Yoga * 1 - done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck! Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread (April 6/7) [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did the 5k go, AndyPants?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easter weekend, I was back in Missouri for a memorial ceremony for a friend. It was sad, seeing her garden and all her projects, and knowing that she won't be tending them anymore. I was very glad that I got to go back for it, though; it was good to see her family and friends, and they all appreciated that I was there.

The rest of the week went well! This is my first week of training for my first IM. Got in two good swims, and have a 1000m TT test coming up this weekend. Three rides, with one of them on my brand new Felt AR5 (which is going to need a new saddle--this Prologo one is not friendly to my nethers!). Got in a few good runs, and a 5k as a run fitness test. I was very happy with my 5k time.

Looking forward to building some volume this next week. And getting a new saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread (April 6/7) [trihardist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its tomorrow morning!

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well that's over with. Holy cow I am slow - I clocked a 25:06 but I have done a sub 23 on that same course in maybe 2011. Ok so I've had a lot of twists and turns in my running days since 2011, and I shouldn't be that hard on myself I guess. I kinda knew that as I am starting to slow down as I well, get older, that I'd have to learn to reset some expectations. I know I could take a min off that course with a few solid months of speed work and interval training - basically getting back to 5-6 runs a week. Not sure I'm ready for that...

Good stuff to noodle on I guess...

EDIT: And I still managed 8th OA-F. Who knew!

------------------------
Last edited by: AndyPants: Apr 12, 15 19:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your slow is my dream pace. It's all relative.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread (April 6/7) [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Troo dat. Just trying to decide if I'm going to "age gracefully" or "fight for those seconds" :-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fight. :-) but I think you're awesome either way.

Quote Reply