Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? March 23 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 23 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week: bike 4 times, get some swim yards in tomorrow morning, keep running mileage LOWER (like 40...). Am hoping I can snowshoe when I get home :-)

Colder/icier than I thought in Maine, so no cycling here - I bike commuted M and T in Oregon though. Did not swim T morning but did swim 3 times for a total of 7225 yards, and ran 5 times for a total of 42 miles. No snowshoeing but I moved firewood into the house, so I did get to play in the snow a bit :-)

goal for the week = enjoy being home (I'm on spring break this week). I have some work to do as I teach next term, but am trying to force myself not to do stuff I don't actually have to do (not working is surprisingly hard for me).

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not too bad.
Got in one swim, one bike, 2 strength sessions, and all marathon training runs.
My long run was a challenge - I was going solo this weekend after many weeks of doing them with a friend. When I'm solo I'm slower. Guaranteed.
I was glad to say that my long run was only 1 minute slower than the last time I covered the distance with a friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals were: swim x 3, bike x 4, run x 6
Managed: run x 4, bike x 5, swim x 3. Also did some snow shovelling (not happy about that - spring snow is soooo heavy) and some yoga to work out post shovelling niggles. One of my runs was 11 miles; I haven't run a training run that long since last Easter so I was just relieved to get it done.

Goals this week: swim x 4, bike x 4, run x 6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty good. The weekend was really full but fun. Got out and staffed a water stop for the Oakland Marathon with my tri club, super good times.

Goals for last week:
Brick * 2 including my first go at Sufferfest Chrysalis DONE! Super fun.
Bike * 2 DONE
Swim * 2 only 1 - sick on Wednesday
Run * 1 no, killed by the Wednesday sick
Yoga * 1 DONE

This was a really big week and aside from Wednesday it went great. The workouts are challenging but doable and, given I'm very slow, gains are coming fast and furious. Did a very good job of coordinating with the husbeast to fit everything in. My Sunday swim was crazy good the threshold work on the bike is translating into the pool, which is weird, but I'll take it.

Goals for this week
Run * 1
Bike * 2
Swim * 2
Yoga * 1
Brick * 1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim x 2
Bike x 4
PT x 5

I did okay...buoyed by the fact that I had the balance of the week off. With my legs back, I started remembering how to swim. Just need to have the muscles now, so I'll start upping the frequency a bit.

I did my first interval workout on the bike, which felt great, and am working on ankle strength to ensure I can unclip quickly. Once I'm all set there, I'll hit the road. Hopefully this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Relaxed. Spent the week in Ucluelet (west coast of Vancouver Island) in a cabin with a deck & hottub & beach. Ran 3x and hiked a ton. Some pics to share below.

Our cabane au sucre:

Typical coast here:

More wild coast:

Our view - morning:

Our view - evening:

Dog loved it - she swam many times each day and ran the trails with me in the mornings:

This week: I'm solo - it's just me & the dog - everyone else is away until Sat. Run 4x, ride 3x, coach football 2x, weights x3 (found this new program called 5x5, I like it so far), swim 1x, lots of dog walks. :-) I have a 5k on April 12th, first in a long time. Running is feel really good right now so fingers crossed.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
- run x 6: win
- swim x 3: win with 4
- bike x 2: win
- core/strength x 4: win

And food poisoning or something Sunday.

No goals for this week. Still feeling weak and living on clear fluids + plain rice today (after being out of bed a total of 7hrs yesterday), my home pool is closed this week, and I have concert tickets for Thursday night.

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Oh, and in other good news in two weeks I'm starting a 4 day work week with no reduction in pay! I'm kind of excited! Though with my long commute it will feel like I'm doing four 10 hour days.
But yahoo!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 23 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great pictures - sounds like a great getaway.

5x5 is Stronglifts, right? I'll be interested to know how you get on as I really like weight training but struggle because my legs feel too trashed to bike & run & lift.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 23 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
another option - just throwing it out there - I do a TRX routine 2x per week - it's good because you can adjust easily for how you feel. When I started it up again I felt a bit trashed for 2 weeks and then no longer.
I backed off on it on the leg part over the weekend because I was a bit 'done' from my long run, but still hit it pretty good for upper body and core.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 23 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to go away and read about it and then might have a few questions. I know my gym has a TRX system but it is tucked away so I haven't really paid much attention to it.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 23 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the one. For skating I need to keep my leg, back & core strength up thru the summer and this is dead simple. I love the every second day approach. I'll let you know how it goes. AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks like heaven.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AP, that is stunningly beautiful. Great pics!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 23 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The area is awesome for surfing (huge long beaches just a short drive from there) and storm watching in the winter. AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
The area is awesome for surfing (huge long beaches just a short drive from there) and storm watching in the winter. AP

Ucluelet & Tofino are so pretty. Haven't been in ages, but the list of places to go is so long...
Quote Reply