Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 9 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone is well :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 9 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally recovered from Tour of Sufferlandria in time to get a bad cold and be on my back all weekend.

Last week was really good in the pool, I'm consistently getting in more than 1400 yards a practice.
Running felt amazing last week, my zone one easy runs are almost a minute faster per mile than a few months ago but with the same heart rate and a lower RPE. Base training is boring but it works.

My glorious return to tri has been put off as my husband's band booked a show this weekend without checking the family calendar so no trip to Irvine for us.

Goals for the week:

Run * 3 (maybe four, we'll see if I can get out the door today or if my cold is going to hang on)
Bike * 3
Swim * 2
Strength * 1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Managed run 2 (4), swim 3 (2), bike 2 (2) and the day and a half of skiing. Also did 2 x resistance training. Air consumption test was interesting - I still have bruises on my shins from climbing across a ladder in all my gear.

This week: run x 6 (1 down), swim x 4 (1 down, one is a lesson), bike x 4. Any weight training is a bonus. We're supposed to be in positive temps towards the end of the week so maybe some of my runs will be outdoors!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flew home yesterday - left -21degC and snowing for +11degC and sun and warmth. Ahhhh..... Aside from practices, and some officiating (getting my level 1 referee and finish judge designations), my season is basically over. My big toes are still tingly on the tips, and I sometimes get some shooting nerve pain. What what I read, that's normal and will happen for the next 1-12 weeks! Who knew!!! I am now in that odd lull period between seasons, so I am looking at what running races I can do over the summer, and planning backwards from that. We all need to get back to the pool, so we will start doing one day a week (likely Sunday late afternoons before dinner) so we can do laps and K can play, hit the waterslides, go off the diving boards, etc. :-) And I need to make sure I get some skate-specific training in over the summer... weights, drills/plyometrics, speed work...

I am also having my 2nd round interviews with a local s/w company this next week, I am very much ready to move on - I've pretty much checked out of the current job already. So fingers crossed. :-)

This week:
- Run 4x (1 done)
- Ride 1x
- Swim 1x
- Skate 4x

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sick/tired/over winter. Pretty sure it's the typical February blues, compounded by almost being the anniversary of putting my dog down and not finding a new furry friend.

I spent the weekend in a funk - maybe the (forecasted) nice weather this weekend will help snap me out of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Swim x 4: win
Bike x 1: win - 2
Run x 5: win - 6
Core/strength x 3: - win

Trying to find my centre again.

This week's goals:
Swim x 4
Bike x 3
Run x 6
Core/strength x 4

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
swam once due to pool closing on my other swim day, fine.
biked once, fail, my goal was twice.
Got in all runs. yay.

I have never been in such a slump with the bike. I just cannot motivate myself to get on that darn indoor trainer. It's freezing and pitch dark when I get home from work, so outside isn't really an option (freezing and pitch dark before work too). Husband says "it's OK", it's temporary.
Other than that I'm OK.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 9 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a rough week with food. The triggers were some intense family stuff and being overwhelmed with work. Somewhat rambling: There's this trade off that I can kind of distract myself with work, which is a nice mental break from worry, but but I realized yesterday that when I get tired of doing work rather than give myself a break, I binge eat. So the solution there is to allow myself to stop doing work if I've spent all day doing it... the downside of which is then there's the stress of feeling like I'll never get everything done. But that is better than bingeing I guess.

I swam 11,400 yds over 5 swims, biked 38 miles over two rides, and ran 52.8 miles over 6 runs. So I did make the day off from running goal, mileage was a little high, bike and swim a little lower than I had hoped. Oh well :-)

I am headed to see my brother this weekend and will race Saturday morning (indoor track half marathon in Salt Lake City) and then my brother, mom (who is also flying in) and I will go to Bryce Canyon Sat-Monday. I fly to Pittsburgh on Tues. and am there Wed-Saturday, flying back early Sunday. Point is, I have a fun weekend to look forward to.

I know I'm not giving details about the family stuff but positive vibes channeled toward Maine would be awesome. Thanks.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Positive vibes incoming.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 9 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Husband says "it's OK", it's temporary.

I'm sure it is - how long until it will be light enough to ride outside after work?

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 9 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on securing the 2nd round interview and good luck with it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! If I have to go to an offshore factory with The Nets (you know which ones I mean, yeah those) one more time, I will lose it. I just can't continue to be part of an organization that thinks that is OK.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm okay. I started PT last week and have been doing a lot of exercises on both sides, actually. My left could still be improved so while I'm at it I will work on that.

I can ride for about 20 min before my broken foot starts feeling pinchy.
I'm doing some core, hamstring, and glute work on a ball. Yeow.
I'm glad for my extensive theraband library.

I still can't really get to the pool. Hopefully next week I'll be able to walk a few steps on it so I can get in/out of the water safely.

I had two PTs last week. One of them did myofascial release on my right lower leg and it felt awesome after! It felt like a bunch of gunk cleared. I am hoping next week's x-Rays and office visit go well.

My jeans are tight. :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome work to all the ladies!

TC - sending lots of good karma your way to help you through this week.

Have been meaning to rejoin the weekly posting here - have been reading but not posting much lately and you women all inspire me!

Last week:
Run 5x including a 10mile run on Sunday!
Swim 4x
Bike 2x

Need to start getting a longer ride in - having trouble riding the trainer for more than 75min or so. It's been cold, icy & snowy here in NJ so riding outside has not really been an option.

Goals this week:
Run 5x
Swim 5x for at least 12k yards
Ride 2x including one ride of at least 2hrs - maybe if I split between rollers and trainer I can get there!

Happy training to all the womens!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like maybe near the last week of April. I'm not kidding, I don't get home from work until 6pm, and the last week of April sunset is around 8:30pm, which means it starts getting 'dusky' around 8 or so. Realistically, getting home after work, getting ready, etc., means not quite heading out the door until 6:30pm, maybe 6:15-6:20 if I can really hustle.
That still seems like a long time from now.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 9 Edition [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the phrase "theraband library" made me smile!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 9 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh I hate trainer rides (and I used to do some stupid epic trainer rides in my day haha). The year we were training for IMNZ (March), we mountain biked. All winter long. Man that made hills easy and it was way more fun than trainer riding. I'd try to find anything other than trainer rides, except maybe 60-90 min of intervals... it's like the deadmill. Can't do it!

Good luck finding some way to get in those rides.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply