Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Oct. 13 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope the womens are well :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 13 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week was eh.
I had been hoping for 5x run with a long run - goal met
2x strength - nope, only once
2x swim - nope, none
3x bike - nope, two

I called off sick last Monday, which is likely the main reason I didn't get the 2nd strength session, and missed my usual monday swim.
The rest of the missed workouts came from a final push to prep our large upstairs master bedroom for carpet installation on Sunday. Spent several nights where I worked, worked out, ate dinner standing up, then worked on the room until bed time. Then missed two social engagements on Fri. and Sat. night in order to get ready for Sunday. That bummed me out too.
Carpet was installed on Sunday (this is a very large room, it's the entire upstairs, like a bungalow). The carpet looks good. But the installers ruined every outside corner in the room.. one of which was newly constructed and will need a few rounds of spackling and sanding in order to fix - it's no longer a nice sharp . The company is one we've used before and is owned by a longtime friend of my husband's. I was beyond upset. Discussed this with my husband. He's taking care of it. He's going to fix the corners and all the paint issues.
Mentally I can't do it. Physically, I'm a messy painter and would surely splatter or spill something on the carpet - he's much neater and therefore this goes to him.
He talked to our friend last night. Some money is being discounted off the bill. I'm not sure it's enough of a discount but I have to let it go, and let my husband handle it because I just can't deal any more. I have other things I now need to do in the room, such as change all the outlet plugs and light switches, and get shelves and a clothes rail installed in the two walk in closets.

CX race went better than expected. It's a course I don't usually care for, but due to usual yearly variation, I liked it much better than usual. A bit of a low turnout, and I got 3rd. One lady I beat in a recent race beat me, I'm thinking it's likely due to the 3 hours I spent painting and working upstairs the night before the race.
I was tired.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week = 15k swim
nope, decided having raced justified taking the rest of the day off, day off from running done!, bike 4x only rode 1 day, but did 2 rides on that day, one errand on bike. I've listed it below as total miles. I have bike commuted yesterday and rode in today!!! I like it! ... and vary the run mileage more. there's still room for improvement but I did vary it a bit more than usual

M: 8 mi run + 3100 yd swim
T: 6.7 mi run + 3600 yd swim
W: 11 mi run + 1800 yd swim
T: 9 mi run + 1800 yd swim
F: 7 mi run + 3000 yd swim
S: 25 mi bike
S: 10k race, 2nd FOV, 44:28

total 13,300 yd swim + 25 mi bike + 47.9 mi run

Goals for this week: bike commute at least 4 days, at least one actual longer ride on the weekend, swim 5-6 times, day off from running

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Swim x 2: WIN
Bike x 2: eeh, sort of win. I was on a bike x 2, but did not ride on Saturday as planned (lunch ride & post-work ride on Wed only)
Run x 6: WIN
Core/strength x 4: WIN

Did end up going camping at a conservation area just 30mins from our house - can't believe we'd never been there before, as it was gorgeous! 10km of trails including a 300m boardwalk through the marshy end of the gorgeous man-made lake that has become a fish sanctuary, nice campground, a fishing bridge across the middle of the lake plus a few piers around the edges, and lovely fall colours.

Running the boardwalk through the wetland

Some of the trails were a bit soggy - I ended up stepping in above my ankles in swampwater to get through this.

Lovely sunset as seen from the fishing bridge

Our Thanksgiving turkey dinner was tandoori turkey breast from the charcoal grill with curried rice & veggies, eaten by the fire.

The temperature dropped below the freezing mark on Saturday night and we awoke to rain on Monday morning, with the days in between being sunny and cool with a chilly wind. We were the only ones in the entire campground in a tent - everyone else had a hard-sided camper (5th wheel, RV, etc) or some sort with propane heaters. So much fun - I adore Campsgiving!

This week's goals:
Swim x 4
Bike x 2
Run x 6
Core/strength x 4

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
This week goals: 5 runs, including a 5km as a baseline. I'd like to do it on the same route every couple of months and see how/if I progress

I'm saying "win". I did 5 runs, including one 20 min run. Decided to hold off on the 5km "test". No need to rush it & I'm making good progress with what I'm doing. Still paranoid about hurting my back again, although everything seems okay right now.

This week - 5 runs. 6 seems to be too many based on sleeping/life - so I'd rather aim lower and meet my target. Also - I really need to set up some kind of strength plan, especially upper body/core. I'm sadly lacking, mostly from no longer doing any sports that require upper body strength.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike commuting: Awesome! It's truly free miles. :-)

Last week:
- Run 4x including a 5k "race" with the kids :-) - DONE and a barrel of fun although K hasn't figured out how to breathe (she gets side stitches very easily and then gets frustrated - any suggestions?!?) plus a very awesome tail run with the dog
- Skate 3x - Small "d" done, I only skated 1/2 of the last skate as I was helping a younger skater who had fallen & injured himself.
- Ride 1x - DONE
- Enjoy Thanksgiving this weekend :-) - DONE

This week:
- skate 4x
- ride 2x
- run 4x (maybe 1 XC race if I'm feeling up to it)
- start weights/drills (aim for 1x)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply