Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? August 11 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Aug 11, 14 10:47
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 11 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week = ride everyday (done M and T so far) I think those were the only days I rode, swim T Th done!, run workouts and recovery runs (i.e. not let all paces regress to the mean) done, do well w/ food did well except 1 day

M: 8.5 mi run + 8 mi bike
T: 6.5 mi run + 14.1 mi bike + 1200 m swim
W: 12.6 mi run
T: 8 mi run + 45 min yoga + 2200 m swim
F: 7.8 mi run + 35 min stairmaster
S: 11.5 mi run
S: 36 min stairmaster + 2 mi run

totals: 3400 m swim, 22.1 mi bike, 56.9 mi run

Goals for this week: run less than 45 miles. Bike 100 miles. Swim T/Th. Do well w/ food.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Aug 11, 14 14:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Swim x 4: WIN
Bike x 3: WIN
Run x 5: WIN
Core/strength x 3: WIN

This week's goals:
Swim x 4
Bike x 3
Run x 6
Core/strength x 4

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Well at the last minute I signed up for a local sprint tri being put on be MEC (our REI). It was dirt cheap and I figured what the hey. 750m swim in 25m pool (blech but oh well), 20k ride on lovely farm-area rolling hills with some super sweet climbs, and 5k run. I did about exactly what I thought I'd do on the swim, having barely swum at all (I estimated 16min and got out of the pool at 15:30). I ROCKED the bike, with my bike time (incl T1 and T2 being 10th overall for women - not just my AG). But my run - ugh - it sucked ASS. I should have been closer to 24min not 30 even. Oh well. If I had a 25min run, then I would have been 3rd. Instead I ended up 7th. But I got to run across the line with my dog - just waiting for pictures so I can post them.

Andrea MacIntoshNew West
1:25:19
F4049
7/29
26/100
16:19
39:01
30:00
It was a lot of fun and it was nice to know that my transitions still ROCK! :-) I forgot how much I enjoyed sprints. I loved that it was only $35 but it was very well organized and very positive environment - the things I used to loved about tri....

This week: Decide if I want to do Leadman or not. I am not worried about the swim nor the bike. I am worried about the run. If I don't then I might try another late season sprint. Skating starts in 3.5 weeks so I'll be getting busy with that soon...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 11 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice... my town hosted a sprint last year for the first time and it was $40. This year it was up to $80. I liked the $40 :-)

looking forward to seeing the doggie pics.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was fine. I took it easy, which was kind of nice.

I did the Olympic in Milwaukee. Had a decent race, not super, not quite the finish time I was hoping for... I felt like I got the crap beat out of me on the swim. Serious pummeling. I thought I had a terrible swim. But I actually didn't... not too bad, but not too quick. Bike was meh... I should have been about 3mins faster. Not sure why... it was a tad windy but not horribly so. I just felt like I couldn't push any harder. Run I was happy with. I was only 15 seconds slower than my Olympic tri run split PR. So I was happy with that.
Overall, 2 mins slower than last year. My T1 time was TERRIBLE... what did I do in there??? Curl my hair or something? They did lengthen the run from the swim exit to transition. T2 time was decent considering the large size of the transition area (40 sec).

Afterwards I had fun talking to some random other racers. I talked a bit with this one gal from my age group. Then at one point she openly admitted to cheating in races by drafting. I think I was so surprised I didn't know what to say. I mean... she was "oh, yes, I'm terrible - when a faster guy goes by me I totally latch on to their wheel... I know I'm not supposed to.. but...I do".
She kept babbling on without me able to get a word in edgewise.

This week - I'm taking kind of a free form week. This coming Sat. will likely be my last tri of the year (a sprint) before cyclocross season starts. Thursday evening there's a local 'cross series with clinic and then a short race. I've been asked to instruct at the clinic portion, which I'm doing, so that will be fun.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 11 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Afterwards I had fun talking to some random other racers. I talked a bit with this one gal from my age group. Then at one point she openly admitted to cheating in races by drafting. I think I was so surprised I didn't know what to say. I mean... she was "oh, yes, I'm terrible - when a faster guy goes by me I totally latch on to their wheel... I know I'm not supposed to.. but...I do".

That's crazy, she's openly admitting to cheating and should be penalized for it. I'm a rule follower because of, you know - safety and stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cynthia
Blog: http://yousignedupforwhat.com/ Twitter: http://twitter.com/yousignedup FB: http://www.facebook.com/yousignedupforwhat IG: http://instagram.com/yousignedupforwhat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No pics yet, but checked out the other local sprints coming up - both are $105. $105?!?!?! WTF? Seriously, how do you justify that kind of price for a sprint?

Now I remember why this was my first sprint in over 4 years... and likely the last for some time. Blech.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 11 Edition [cynthiaruntri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
That's crazy, she's openly admitting to cheating and should be penalized for it. I'm a rule follower because of, you know - safety and stuff.

I know. Me too! after admitting, she then went on to relate a story where her doing so almost took out a male pro at a race going in the opposite direction! At this point I was beyond flabbergasted and likely my jaw was on the ground.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by AgnesMarin [ In reply to ]