Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Moving to Louisville, KY advice
Quote | Reply
I am looking to relocate to Louisville Kentucky at the end of August / early September.

Does anyone have any personal experience with Louisville who could offer some relocation advice such as:

- areas to stay away from or good areas to move to

- good running/cycling parks

- running clubs / networking opportunities

I'm a current MBA student with a few courses remaining (which I'll be completing online) and currently reside in a very small town. I'm looking to relocate to a bigger city with more career opportunities and have chosen Louisville.

Thank you for any input!
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to Louisville, KY advice [aliciami89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having raced IMLOU 3X, I would start by using the course map listed on the web site. The bike course was scenic and beautiful, although most of it was in horse country outside the city.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to Louisville, KY advice [aliciami89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've lived in L'ville most of my life. It's one of the best kept secrets around so don't tell anyone. The most desirable areas to live are the Highlands, Cresent Hill/Frankfort Ave area, and St Matthews. German Town is an up and coming area too- lots of young hippsters. These neighborhoods have easy access to Seneca and Cherokee Parks where you can do road and trail running, and road and trail riding. Also, this places you near the best pool- Mary T. Meagher Aquatic Center. The Land Sharks are the local tri club but several of the running/bike shops have group runs and rides- VO2 bikes, Ken Combs Running store, Swags Shoes. Google these places for more info. LOTS of great restaurants. Bring your inner foodie! Feel free to PM me with questions if you like
Quote Reply