Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question Regarding Smashfest Queen Cycling/Tri Clothing
Quote | Reply
Does anyone here have any cycling or tri clothing from Smashfest Queen?

I love their kits & colours, but am concerned about sizing - I hate ordering stuff online without being able to try it on; yes they have sizes/measurements listed but so does every company, and they all fit a little different. I was hoping someone who has worn these kits could comment specifically about:

Tightness at the waist? Any chafing?
How do the thighs fit? I have fairly thick quads, do these run small?

Jerseys are easy; I never wear tri-tops, but shorts are the problem - I have a pair of Pearl Izumi Elites that I love; and a pair of Sugoi I hate; 2XU are somewhere in between!

If anyone has firsthand info, I appreciate it!

If it matters - I'm 5'3"; 140 lbs, and as noted above have heavy quads.
Quote Reply
Re: Question Regarding Smashfest Queen Cycling/Tri Clothing [lepfan72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
definitely size up on the shorts!
i wear betty designs size m, for smashfest queen, shorts have to be l.
Quote Reply
Re: Question Regarding Smashfest Queen Cycling/Tri Clothing [lepfan72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi!

Full disclosure that I'm sponsored by SMASH but we are always happy to help you out and find the correct size, etc. The thighs actually don't run small on SMASH stuff which I love....they don't have a tight band or anything which sometimes give that "roll-y" effect either to those of us with cycling thighs :)

If I were you, I'd e-mail hillary (Hillary(at)smashfestqueen.com) and she'd love to give you some help with sizing/ordering. Some of their designs run a little smaller than other prints, and the tri vs. cycling kits sometimes are slightly different.....I can never keep them all straight. She's the genius there :)

Happy shopping!

-Alyssa

Alyssa Godesky
http://www.alyssagodesky.com
@alyssagodesky
Quote Reply
Re: Question Regarding Smashfest Queen Cycling/Tri Clothing [agodesky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you So much - I'll do exactly that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have their fast & loud cycle shorts & jersey and I am very pleased with the sizing.
As far as I can tell, I'm basically a M in anything except wetsuits.
That's what I ordered and they fit perfectly.
I was very impressed with the shorts - like was mentioned - there isn't a tight band around the bottom - they rather taper to a narrower hole, and it helps make your cycling thighs look awesome! :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish I could be more helpful-- but I think the advice given to contact Hilary was spot on.
I just wanted to say I absolutely love my Smashfest Queen kit, but I can understand you being hesitant about sizing.
I am 5'9" and now am about 136. The size medium sunrise tri shorts fit me perfectly. I have rather slender thighs though.
Good luck. I hope you find a good match in sizing because you'll love the graphic! :)

Kind Regards,
M
Quote Reply