Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Advice concerning "that" time of the month. [sloanedawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have struggled a lot with hormones. Initially it was getting a lot of typical side effects of that time of the month, bloating, fatigue, depression, etc as well as having extremely heavy periods which would leave me further wiped out from anemia. I started on Yaz which remarkably helped all of the aforementioned symptoms as well as reducing the duration and intensity of the flow. However I began having estrogen withdrawl migraines. My nurse midwife encouraged me to take the pills continually so now I have no periods, no migraines, no cycle at all. It's not a permanent solution, but I'm done with childbearing and planning a partial hysterectomy in a couple years, so for now it works wonderfully.
Quote Reply
Re: Advice concerning "that" time of the month. [fightclubgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fightclubgirl wrote:
My nurse midwife encouraged me to take the pills continually so now I have no periods, no migraines, no cycle at all. It's not a permanent solution, but I'm done with childbearing and planning a partial hysterectomy in a couple years, so for now it works wonderfully.

Hi all.. new to posting, but not new to the Forum.

So you take BC continually? Never have any issues with your body trying to have a period, anyway (spotting, etc)? I take Loestrine continually as well, but have issues with break-through bleeding and spotting. Sometimes it just seems like more of a PIA then just doing the normal cycle.
Quote Reply
Re: Advice concerning "that" time of the month. [tinytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I take my pills continuously - mainly because my doc told me there is no medical reason for me to have my period and I don't want to have to deal with it when training/racing either. I find that every four months I'll spot a tiny bit so when that happens I stop taking my pills for a week and just have my period, which will be fairly light (if convenient race wise) - so I only have one 2-3 times per year. I'm on a generic version called Lutera. I've been doing this for the past 4 or so years and have been on birth control pills continuously since 2004.

Elisha
"Triathlon doesn't build character. It reveals it."
Quote Reply

Prev Next