Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Aero position/saddle/pelvic bone question [Glfprncs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought I'd circle back as well here. I went up to FitWerx this week outside of Boston and had a 2nd opinion on my bike fit. In addition to making some changes, I was able to try every single saddle I ever had on my hit list and then some. And FYI the Dash saddle was 2nd to none, however, I'm not quite THAT desperate YET! At $400 I need to make sure I've exhausted all my options ;)

Now we are trying a Specialized Ruby.......to be continued..............
Quote Reply
Re: Aero position/saddle/pelvic bone question [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello ladies. Its wintertime, and time for bike tweaking!

I do better with hips rolled forward, sitting more on the inferior pubic branch rather than the ischial tuberosity (aka seat bones). I just don't have the flexibility to keep my seat bones down and my back flat at the same time.

Ghia - I am curious how you are able to sit on your seat bones on the arms of the saddle? The saddle arms are 5-6 cm apart, and human pelvis anatomy most people (males and females) have their seat bones 10 - 12 cm apart.

My findings so far:
Adamo Typhoon - too short, ran out of arms when rolled forward, arms were too wide, they were bruising my thigh adductor muscle tendon insertions, even when sitting on the tips of the arms.
Specialized Sitero - excellent comfort. My favorite saddle so far, but unfortunately the rails are too short (too far forward compared to where you sit on the saddle), so I could not move the saddle far enough forward and I am not able to switch out the seat post in my frame (and no money for new bike/frame at this point)
Fizik Tritone - rail length was great, so I could move it as forward as needed, but saddle to round on top, and the "arms" way too short, could not find any comfortable place or position on it.
Cobb jof fifty five - its OK. its flat which I like. arms are longish enough to roll forward on. rails are OK, longer than the sitero, but shorter than the tritone, so I am a bit farther back than I'd like (and thus need to shorten my stem if I stay with this one). I cannot decide on the angle - when the nose is slightly down, its much more comfy, but then too much weight on arms and it hurts the shoulders. I currently have it almost level.

Ladies who have tried Dash - how is it going so far? what do you like/dislike?

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Last edited by: DrTriKat: Dec 2, 14 16:31
Quote Reply
Re: Aero position/saddle/pelvic bone question [DrTriKat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my Dash so far, with the longest ride being 60 miles. My position is also with my pelvis rolled forward and sit bones NOT on the saddle while riding aero.

That said, I still have swelling where I've sat for hours (go figure), but it's not on one side only.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DrTriKat wrote:

Ladies who have tried Dash - how is it going so far? what do you like/dislike?

I'm on the Dash now. I'd say it's the best I've tried so far (and I think I've tried them all) but I think you can get a similar feel with the Adamo Attack (same nose width).

So far I can do an hour on the trainer. I also roll forward which seems to put pressure on one side. No swelling **knockonwood** but it does feel a little bruised. I'm hoping that goes away over time. If it's unbearable I'll try the Attack but for the money I just dropped on the Dash I'm keeping it for now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some great reading here - I wish I'd found this last spring when I was also dealing with labial tearing from long rides on a traditional saddle.

However, after much searching (and some less than helpful sit-bone measuring) I stumbled upon a shop with an ISM demo program, and found that the Road to be the best fitting for me.

I still sometimes question my position: my preference is to have the saddle almost level (this means the saddle rails are tilted back), and sit with my hip angle opened, sit bones/ischial tuberosities almost up in the air, weight supported on inferior pubic rami. If I sit up out of aero, my sit bones roll onto the wide portion of the saddle.

I do have to watch what shorts I wear: the chamois needs to be wide enough that it protects my hamstrings (goodbye Pearl Izumi shorts, hello Asoss)
Quote Reply
Re: Aero position/saddle/pelvic bone question [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the first time I stopped trying to scoot back onto the ischial branch (the part of the bone between the pubic symphisis and the seat bone), and just rolled forward onto the pubic bone with my "butt up in the air" and perched myself on the front of my Cobb Jof Fifty five, and it felt quite OK. I was not sliding back and forth, and for the first time it did not feel like my frame/stem is too long. I did get bone bruised (rode about 1hr 15 min), but no swelling. Bone bruise is OK, coz I know it will heal and toughen over time.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero position/saddle/pelvic bone question [switchnd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ISM Adamo saddle may be the answer for you.
Quote Reply

Prev Next