Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Racing on your period
Quote | Reply
Hello ladies,

How do you deal with riding on your period? I have a race coming up and it coincides with my period. What is your recommendation?
Quote Reply
Re: Racing on your period [eattrainlove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long is the race? If it's short, it shouldn't make much of a difference. If you're worried about having to carry feminine products during an Ironman, you can always put a tampon in a ziploc bag and put it in your bike bag, bento box or special needs bag in case you need to change it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't wear a one-piece tri-suit.

Don't let having your period keep you from racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure your Tri-shorts are all-BLACK!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Google the Diva cup. Only have to deal with it when you wake up and again when you go to bed, unless it's a particularly heavy day. Seriously, it's awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Racing on your period [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Second this. But don't try it out on race day - there is a learning curve.
Quote Reply
Re: Racing on your period [jl2732] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My concern is the bike portion. I have had some issues with using tampons in the past. The string tends to irritate when I'm on the bike. For this race the bike is only 29 miles, but the diva cup actually sounds like a good idea. I think I'm going to try that out.

Thanks ladies!
Quote Reply
Re: Racing on your period [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Third this!

With the Diva cup, sometimes I don't even remember I have my period. Awesome for swimming, cycling, running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have discomfort with the string, you'll probably want to trim the little "grabber" part on the Diva cup. It's designed so you can do this really easily. Just read the instructions.
Quote Reply