Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Your "Thumbs Up" for the day
Quote | Reply
Hey ladies,

Okay, needing to hear some more motivation from all of you! Today's my first day swimming masters again--which I haven't done in about 2 years. I'll start in the slow lane and hopefully move up...during my IMLP training (have been swimming alone most of the time b/c I've been too intimidated to do master's...)...

But, I'm going, so that's what counts, right?

Okay, I want to hear reasons why each and every one of YOU rocks today!!!

:-)
Quote Reply
Re: Your "Thumbs Up" for the day [tridouche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B/c I'm closing in on 25lbs lost (an approximation, as I stopped weighing myself at my biggest) and am finally injury free (and not eating when bored when injured). I fit into my regular pants again (which just shows I've never been small, but I will be!)! Anyways, I am THRILLED.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because I am training for a 1/2 marathon in April and running is getting easier, my pace is getting faster, my heart rate is going down during runs, and I am not injured!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i not only survived what was (for me) a very tough swim workout last night, my grip on the water has improved to the point it feels like i'm swimming with paddles even though i'm not!

more importantly, i managed to regain that grip (which i've had on and off for the last 2 weeks) within the first part of my drill set, and keep it through the whole rest of the workout, even doing all-out intervals!

arms are sore as hell today, but that just means i'm doing something right; hopefully i'll be able to keep it going when i return to the pool tomorrow :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Wow - way to go girls!!! We ALL rock today, for sure!

I just finished 47 runs in 51 days for the 100/100 challenge, and I am feeling awesome!! Signed up for the Ottawa Marathon yesterday, and hoping to qualify for Boston (missed it by 9 seconds in the fall!)!!

Here's to us, ladies! Whoohooo!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode 2:30 on the trainer and walked 5.7 miles.

Even better, I thought of a sweet Valentines' gift to get my best friend.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Your "Thumbs Up" for the day [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2:30!!! Where to you live tigerchik?

Update here, did 4,100 yrds today. Longest I've swam in the past two years is about 3,200 yrds. Woop woop! EXHAUSTED but proud that I actually got the nerve to swim with the masters peeps.

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job with going to Masters, especially if you were intimidated by it...usually it's not as scary as it was built up in the mind. Either way, kudos to you!

I feel like I rock today because I have been training consistenly for about 4 months now and have found ways to train around injuries without making them worse. Feeling fitter! And instead of having dreams about getting out of my 1st IM swim and not being able to find T1, I finally had a dream that I made it through the whole race and got my picture in the paper. I believe that I have mentally turned a corner!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
2:30!!! Where to you live tigerchik?

Maine.

Ice and snow necessitate long trainer sessions.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Your "Thumbs Up" for the day [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to my second of 4 skate ski lessons (a women's intermediate clinic) and managed to *mostly* get a handle on V2 without being on my butt most of the time. My sense of balance is more of a rumor than a fact, so this was HUGE for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Your "Thumbs Up" for the day [roadie gal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My thumbs up for today is surviving a rest day.
Cortisone shot in hip = 2 days of rest then I should be good to start training again.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kicked ass on my treadmill workout last night. Messed with the incline and worked up a real sweat. I'd been dragging ass for about a week and I needed this.

I'm rocking my booty jeans, Javelina Jundred 100k belt buckle and cowboy boots today. Feeling a little badass.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't skipped a workout since my Plan began on Feb 1. I know it's only been 10 days but after being sick for almost three weeks it's nice to get back into the rhythm of training. One week down; 11 weeks to go before St. Anthony's!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My thumbs-up has been figuring out a workout schedule while taking full time classes and part time work. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It wasn't today, but I'm still "over the moon" about running at a 6:50 mile pace on Saturday.

Now if I can only hold an 8:50 marathon pace at IMCanada in August...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Your "Thumbs Up" for the day [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It wasn't today, but I'm still "over the moon" about running at a 6:50 mile pace on Saturday.

Now if I can only hold an 8:50 marathon pace at IMCanada in August...

I stand in awe! Wow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ran 7 and had my husband pace me for 4 miles of it at 8's. Boston April 19th!

Quote Reply