Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Woot! Woot! 100 runs/100 days
Quote | Reply
Crossed the finish line today. First time I made it to 100. Feels like a really accomplishment. Thanks to SLO, who presented a challenge that I couldn't resist. Now it's time for a mini-taper before my sprint on Saturday.

"Ain't no shortcuts to the Opry."
Last edited by: Tri3: Mar 21, 17 17:06
Quote Reply
Re: Woot! Woot! 100 runs/100 days [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huge congratulations Tri3!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hot Damn Tri3! You are a famous rock star now.

Crap, I just couldn't pull through this week. I turned two rentals and moved myself into our downsized house over the last 4 days (my baby is 21 now so I guess it was time to get rid of the game room, nursery, teen-boy-man-cave, etc). I haven't stopped moving, but I haven't run since Friday!!! I'm doing doubles today and tomorrow. Who cares if I have a race this weekend. I need to get my numbers up.

I was sooooooo close to catching you. Then you had to go all gangbusters and whomp me. Next year.... next year....

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Born a swimmer, borrowed a bike, laced up some runners, and the rest just fell into place for a solid MOP life.
Last edited by: SLOgoing: Mar 22, 17 9:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is really impressive. I see the challenge every year, and every year I think there is no way I could do it.

Well done to everyone who competed in the challenge!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! I am really, really happy for you.

Proud member of Fishtwitch and the ST Grammar Police
disclaimer: I am a PhD, not a medical doctor. The closest I get to surgery is topology.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats!

I had a couple of setbacks that kept me from making the full 100 - the start/end dates included 15 rest days for me that I'd need to make up with doubles (I can't run 7 days/week with the mileage I need to put in for the 100k), and it just wasn't happening. Still, I'm only 2 runs away from a "gold medal" for 90/100, which is at least 5 more runs than I've ever managed before, and my actual time/mileage are HUGE compared to any previous year. I should finish with about 945km / 587mi, and I'm less than 20mins away from breaking 100 hours right now.

Last edited by: mistressk: Mar 22, 17 13:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! I guess there's hope for the rest of us.

Wag More, Bark Less
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
congratulations!

i have really enjoyed this - may win booby prize for lowest total mileage but who cares, am running again. I've found that a little bit every day works so much better than chunkier runs a couple times a week.

keep on truckin womens
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huzzah! Way to go Tri3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, all, for the encouragement and support. This was my third or fourth attempt. If anyone wants to know what worked for me to get to 100/100, I can share what I learned from multiple attempts.

Quote Reply
Re: Woot! Woot! 100 runs/100 days [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Truly impressive! Well done and congrats to you!!

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please share, I'd be interested in hearing what you learnt/did differently.
Quote Reply
Re: Woot! Woot! 100 runs/100 days [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The first couple of attempts, I took my scheduled runs and added to that, plus continued swim/bike training. This time around, instead of "adding to" I did the minimum 30 minutes a day, and threw in a second run later in the day if my legs felt OK (to bank some runs because I knew I had work and family obligations looming). I did not increase the length of runs until I felt really solid with the daily runs. I also made the run my priority every day. That meant sometimes missing other workouts, mostly swims (because of the time to get to and from the pool).

Interestingly enough, I had a swim PR at my sprint this weekend. Go figure....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
congratulations! I always think it's impossible for me.

exercise and stay young.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats to you!
Quote Reply
Re: Woot! Woot! 100 runs/100 days [mandeeleeh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice ! Out teams in Million Mile month right now.
Quote Reply