Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Women's prodcuts that you might be interested in?
Quote | Reply
I have always used my husbands account to lurk on slowtwitch, but I didn't want to post to the women's section without at least making my own account first. My husband and I have been using products from a compounding pharmacy that I thought might interest some women on slowtwitch. I am a new mommy and the only product I used was the scar cream they make for stretch marks. It worked wonders for me as I have not had a single stretch mark and my sister in law who used the product had great results as well. He used stuff for pain also if thats what interests you, and there are other products for migraines and stuff like that as well, but we can only speak for the stuff we have used thus far. If anyone is interested just reply here or PM me and I can give you more info. It is covered under most insurances so I figured some people on slowtwitch might be interested since it is actually of no cost to them and the results have been surprising. Keep training hard! Especially you other mommies... =]
Quote Reply
Re: Women's prodcuts that you might be interested in? [mommytri4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"A systematic review has not found evidence that the creams and oils that have been studied for preventing or reducing stretch marks in pregnancy are effective." Brennan, M; Young, G; Devane, D (14 November 2012). "Topical preparations for preventing stretch marks in pregnancy.". The Cochrane database of systematic reviews11: CD000066. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD000066.pub2. PMID 23152199.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's prodcuts that you might be interested in? [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Citing one study to discredit what I said doesn't change the fact that A - there are surely studies that argue the opposite, and B - I don't have any stretch marks (very hard to argue against that one). I am simply stating my experience with the products, obviously to each her own, but I am glad it worked for me because I absolutely dreaded the though of stretch marks (as well as the scar on my face from a dog bite).
Quote Reply
Re: Women's prodcuts that you might be interested in? [mommytri4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any stretch marks either. I didn't use any creams, not even moisturizer, and I stretched very, very big with my two kids because I am petite.

Maybe this belongs in the lavender room, or the classifieds?

If you can find a study that argues the opposite, I'd sure like to see it, because as far as I know, there are none. There is a multibillion dollar industry in creams not only for stretch marks but for aging. I stuck my nose in this, sorry, but I couldn't help myself... most creams offer no scientific evidence whatsoever in proof that they work. Nada.

The only ingredients that have been shown to scientifically help with wrinkles are forms of Retin A, and glycolic acid, last I checked. Yet there are high priced creams containing none of these ingredients, and those creams fly off the shelves. People are buying a dream in a jar. People are getting rich selling a dream in a jar.

Stretch mark creams--that industry is even worse. Stretch mark creams have not been proven to work in a *scientific* study.

I know you are trying to be helpful by offering your remedies to others here, but I am also trying to be helpful to the others as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also... I don't think you looked at my "one study." This is one of those studies that looks at a bunch of other studies, six in fact in this case, encompassing 800 women. It's a study of studies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry but it's not quite clear -- you are promoting a cream that comes from a pharmacy for application while pregnant? Could you clarify what the active ingredients are, and have they been demonstrated as safe for use during pregnancy?
Quote Reply