Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Womens of Seattle unite!
Quote | Reply
Our newest resident Seattle Womens, Michelle, and I will be meeting at Seattle Running Company on Capital Hill on Sunday at 11:00am to browse the goods then have brunch afterwards. We would love it if the other Womens in the area would join us and have our first Seattle chapter get together.

If interested, raise your hand!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Womens of Seattle unite! [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi! i'm new here too and i live in seattle! unfortunately, i will be working at triumph multisport (I'm a part-timer there on what they call the discount schedule) from 11 - 5 on Sunday. Any interest in having another get-together some other time?

I'm volunteering as a swim angel at danskin with my sister the following sunday and we will probably brunch it up after that.

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Re: Womens of Seattle unite! [jess!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jess,

I definitely see future get-together opportunities for the Womens of Seattle. Do you only work at Triumph on Sundays or are you there other days? I'm slowly making my rounds to all of the local tri shops, so if I can coordinate my Triumph visit with your work shift, so much the better! I was toying with going down to the Danskin to spectate with a friend of mine, so if that happens I'll let you know!

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Womens of Seattle unite! [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pretty much only work on weekends kind of whenever they need me/i am available. I am working this coming sunday and then not again until after IMC. More often than not, I'm there on Saturdays but they didn't need me this Saturday. There are two jess's that work there, I'm the one with a huge tattoo on my right arm who's usually up to my elbows in bike grease.

Definitely let me know if you come down to Danskin. I'm really excited to be a swim angel (it's not certain yet but it sounds like it's going to happen) and hang out with lots of neat lady triathletes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be at Dansking as a swim angel :-). Maybe a post Danskin get together is in order as well.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome. Are you doing IMC? I'm planning on going up with QRGirl to spectate and sign up (and apparently sleep in our car if I don't get on the ball... ) Good for you on the Swim Angel gig, it sounds like a great opportunity. The Danskin was what got me doing all of this craziness and I have a soft-spot in my heart for it. I didn't need a swim angel when I did the race, though I was slow enough that I had plenty of opportunity to see them out on the course. It looks like a really rewarding job. You'll have a blast!

M

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am doing IMC. It will be my first IM (and my first marathon). I'm so nervous, mostly because I injured my foot a little while back and haven't had a run over 14 miles in the last 2.5 months. At this point, I kind of want to just get it over with and start focusing on Clearwater.

A post-Danskin brunch or get-together sounds grand.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I concur with post-Danskin brunching!

M

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well now, if you girls are heading up and I'm heading up maybe we should all head up together, at least in a caravan. I'm planning Saturday thru Monday. When will you be going? I don't have a place to stay yet either.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys are coming up for IMC too? We're definitely going to need to have a women's get together up there!!! :)

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
...haven't had a run over 14 miles in the last 2.5 months. At this point, I kind of want to just get it over with...
You & me both! I'll be happy if I'm even able to run any of the marathon! lol

Quote | Reply
Definitely! We were thinking of camping, but I haven't gotten very far with calling places. I was also planning on the Saturday through Monday. We were also thinking of volunteering for the race, but I haven't done that either. (I'm a huge slacker!) I think a ST Womens get-together is absolutely mandatory. I want to put faces to the ladies so I know who to be cheering for on Sunday.

M

Quote Reply
Re: Womens of Seattle unite! [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha ha, I'm hoping and praying for what happened to me at Lake Stevens which was to go into it with no run training, run faster than i've ever run, blow up my quads, and then not be able to walk for 4 days afterwards.

More likely though, I will be doing some walking.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We should rent an RV and do the full roadtrip :-)

I got a slot last minute in a campground 2 years ago when I signed up. Most don't take reservations, you just show up. I've also had friends grab hotel rooms at the last minute when people cancel and the hotels can't sell the rooms for the whole 5 days. Maybe plan to camp the check on Thursday or Friday for a room. We could pack into one.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The mental picture of the Womens of ST in an RV on the open road is pure gold! It's too bad gas is so freakin' expensive! :-P

That sounds like a good plan. I was hoping that would be the case, as it's certainly been the case with a lot of campgrounds in the States - the low tech ones nearly always have room. Whew!
M

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The mens would be so jealous!

RV Rental info

Actually if we camp I'll just sleep in my Element. Perfect roadtrip car.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, they would! (And I'm jealous of your Element - I've been telling my husband for years that the next car we buy is going to be an Element... )

M

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me and Brandon (my SO) are going up on Wednesday morning so I can get the whole IMC experience. We lucked out and found a studio cabin in Summerland for only $90/night CAD. I'm actually glad that we're not staying right in Penticton since I think being around all the other athletes would just freak me out.

I'm sure we'll be in town every night though so a get together won't be a problem.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I say we shoot for Saturday as I will need to be spending Sunday with another set of friends who are doing the race. We can head up their early on Saturday and do a late afternoon get together so the racers can get to bed early.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could do that. I know I'm planning on dinner with my family, whose presence is the #1 reason I know I will finish this race, so I could get together before that for sure. Maybe even get a little advice from some IM vets.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to let the racers drive the schedule as you womens are the ones whose schedule is the tightest.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry gals, my dance card is already full for this weekend (though slight possibility of swimming at Coleman pool in West Seattle at some point this weekend if we can fit it in) otherwise I'd love to meet up. Also not going to IMC. Apparently I'm leading a very lame life as of late. Next time on a Seattle meet-up hopefully!

And as I told Michelle this morning, there's an incredible new ice cream store on 45th that has flavors like Salted Caramel and Honey Lavendar. If anyone wants I'm happy to arrange a girls meetup there! (can you tell my racing season is over? :) )

Edited to add - if you're a Title Nine clothing fan, I just called up the company and found out that their annual HUGE sale up at Magnunson park has been moved from August to a yet undetermined weekend in October. If you do like their clothes it is well worth it to get there early for enormous discounts (and great holiday gifts for friends & family).

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Last edited by: lilpups: Aug 6, 08 17:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we are heading up on Friday, but will probably get there late-ish. Hopefully we can score a camp spot. M & J are your mens coming with you? Mine is coming with me and I can't wait for you to meet him. (And to meet Jen & Jess)

A Saturday anytime get together works for me. We should all exchange cell #'s but beware the last time I was at IMC my cell phone bill was ginormous.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens of Seattle unite! [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm down with everyone having my cell number. I think the best way to circumvent the high phone bill is with text messaging. No long distance charges on those!

I think I began the hijack of this thread with my IMC talk. Sorry about that. But at least it looks like a bunch of us are going to be able to get together up there! :D

Quote | Reply
I'm planning on bringing my bike fyi...
Quote Reply

Prev Next