Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do Thread 3/23
Quote | Reply
My goals from last week were
-ride every day
-run 6 days
-swim Tuesday-Friday
-not eat desserts (per nutritionist's request that I eat more nutrient dense things.
-finish thesis

Bike: 5 x, 4:15
Run: 6 x, 72 + mi
Swim 4 x, 8k

Eating went to hell in a handbasket, don't want to talk about it.

Thesis got finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week -
take Friday off from running. 20 mi race on Sunday
swim Tuesday-Saturday
ride every day even if it's just a little (20 min is ok!)
make powerpoint of thesis stuff for defense

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 3/23 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the thesis!

Last week's goals are:
1) Finish all workouts as written by the coach including the tempo run of 3 miles at a sub-8 pace (I think I may stop telling my coach my PRs) and my 2 rides -- Got rides in but the run as a disaster. I have been running so strong lately that I was waiting for a run to fall apart and Friday it happened. My legs just wouldn't fire. I just felt so weak and sore. I didn't get the paces down and really just struggled through the 45 minutes. I wanted to quit after 10 but kept at it. The only redeeming factor was that I was still run sub10 even though I felt like I was dieing. Last year at this time, I woudl have called sub 10 a good run!
2) Keep a positive mental attitude on the long run on Sunday (30+ miles on the trail) -- Lets say after Friday's miserable excuse for a run, I was scared all day Saturady for Sunday. But it went well. I had a great run. I had a an unoffical marathon PR during the run. Heck, I finished the 30 miles quicker than my marathon PR. I did learn that 30 miles is a long way. I feel ok today. A little sore, a little stiff and alot tired.
3) Get diet back on track after eating out almost every meal last week -- Fail! Ate out a ton but think I did a semi-ok job keeping it in check. The ice cream that found its way into my house wasn't a good thing. Either. Now I have a ton of left overs from my meals out. I should throw them away and start from scratch but I can't really justify that. I think I will have to eat it with lots of salads and veggies.

This week's goals:
1) get diet back on track!!
2) enjoy the start of my taper for the 50 milers. Only a 15 mile long run this week (it is sick that I consider 15 miles short).

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread 3/23 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
(it is sick that I consider 15 miles short).

Nah, I'm at that point too. Isn't it a good feeling when long workouts don't even phase you :D

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did great! Not gonna post the total yardage in this company but for me it was a whole lotta swimming goin' on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  • I'm quite annoyed with the world at the moment for no good reason. That needs to change. (That's an immediate goal) General outlook is still slightly annoyed, but there are bright spots. Some marked improvement.
  • I've ramped up the running a bit and am headed into crunch time for the Pig. Speedwork tonight - must hit the tempos and speedwork for the next few weeks. The long runs are imperative and I need to ratchet up the positive attitude quotient. I do feel fairly ok with the shorter runs....the relationship with running is so/so. I bailed on last week's tempo after a stupid long day in the office. Nailed the long run with a fairly positive attitude, managed the pain well. Running at lunch to make up for last night (sick).
  • After some hellacious travel for work I'm trying to get the swimming back on track. Scared of the state meet and think I'm bailing out on it, but I will do one soon. With a make-up swim workout (LCM!!!) in there I'm good with the status on this. Times are still decent, stroke is still good, it's still my "release sport". Not swimming @ state, but because of other committments (and a 1/2 marathon) outside of sport.
  • I hope the bike is en route back to Indiana. I'm going to pick up a new helmet anyway to have one, then hopefully get my arse in the saddle within the next few days. The weather is picking up, it's time for me to act like an athlete. The bike hasn't graced the front porch yet, and I'm starting to get anxious. No new helmet either, which means no bike time last week. Supposed to be 72 degrees today, the group rides have started back up, I actually want to ride....must get bike back.

Not a bad week, all said and done. Things get a bit hectic again after today between travel, work and commitments, so it should be interesting.
  • Swim practice T & R - work hard
  • Run - GET IN THE F_ING MILEAGE. QUIT MAKING EXCUSES. Run hard on Saturday (1/2 mary) and tack a couple easy on afterward - be pleased with the effort.
  • Relax when at all possible, enjoy the time with friends, re-energize the involvement while in DC
  • Get the awards in the mail
  • Get the eating under control!!!

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't post last week due to pissiness in general and something funky going on with my knee. Had an MRI and that showed nothing wrong really. At least it doesn't hurt to ride, so I'm riding.

I also had a 3-day track (velodrome) camp over the weekend and that was EXACTLY what I needed. Some good riding in, working on post-crash pack riding issues, totally relaxing evenings. Perfect. And I'm in discussions with a guy about maybe being coached. We'll see.

I'm also doing a "cut out wheat as much as possible" to see how that makes me feel. And watch nutrition a lot more closely than I have been.

For this week:

Ride the bike. Ride the bike. Ride the bike.
Nutrition--keep it tight.
Drink more water.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply