Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do : March 7
Quote | Reply
Spill!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do : March 7 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't quite meet my goals (didn't do anything outside in the snow; -1 swim and -1 bike) but had a good week anyway and am proud of what I did get accomplished. Schoolwork is going well.

M - 4.5 mi run + 0:50 yoga
T - 4.8 mi run + 1:10 bike
W - 8.5 mi run AM / 4.5 mi run + 3200 yd swim PM
T - 6.6 mi run + 2000 yd swim
F - 8.1 mi run workout [4 x 800 @ 6:30 pace] (planned a swim here but I woke up late and only had time to run)
S - 8 mi run
S - 6 mi run + 0:31 bike + 1:00 yoga

53 mi run, 1:41 bike, 5200 yds swum, 1:50 yoga + a couple miles walking (4?) in warmups and cooldowns.
Eating - CANNOT make it a week straight of doing well! I am trying to sort out right now what is normal bedtime snacking (like the past two nights I've had 2 scones as "bedtime snacks") and what would constitute bingeing. There are stickers on the line here ;-) Regardless, I definitely had 1 totally bad day this past week. goal = a whole week straight. The limiter seems to be not eating enough during the day as far as the midnight snacking goes (yesterday by dinner time I'd had a smoothie and a salad.) I'm also in another phrase of freaking out about milk and egg products. Not good as far as my muscles are concerned and I don't know whether to "challenge" it and eat them and sit with the feelings, or just wait until this phase is over and I start craving the stuff again.

Goals for this week: I really am after a s/b/r 3/3/6 week and actually get 3 swims and 3 bikes in! Additionally, I'm looking forward to trying a Tai Chi class.

thanks for listening to me ramble. Have a great week.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:

MO: 60min XT, 7m run, core circuit - done!
TU: 75min ride, 3000m swim - took day off
WE: 75 min ride, 5m run, core circuit - 60min XT, 7m run
TH: 60min XT, 2000m swim, 30 min pool run - 90min XT, 2500 swim
FR: 60min recovery ride or recovery run - 60min ride, 60min XT
SA: 150 min ride - done, + 2500 swim
SU: 120 min ride - 90min XT, 30min ride

Lots of XT last week... I'm sort of going to blame the snow, but really it's just more time effective right now and I don't mind it. Working a LOT of hours plus school, and getting ready to go to PUERTO RICO on Saturday!! I plan on running more in PR, so I'm "saving up" a few miles. :D

This week:
MO: am 60 min XT / pm swim 2500, run 5K
TU: 75 min ride, 5 mile run
WE: 60 min ride, XT or swim or pool run?
TH: am XT 90 / pm swim 2500
FR: 75 min ride, 5 mile run
SA: FLY TO PUERTO RICO! Early flight so unless I jump on the trainer at 4am, ??
SU: ??

_____

Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do : March 7 [Dr.TriRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you do for XT?
Have a great time in Puerto Rico!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever my coach tells me...? ;)

That's actually not true - I have a lot of flexibility in the XT I chose. For the most part, it's supposed to be "running-simulating-cardio" as in the Arc Trainer or Octane... some kind of elliptical that is hopefully more of a XC ski motion than an ellipse. There are definitely times when I just want to hop on a stair mountain for like 30 minutes though... just gotta change it up!

The reason I have so much XT is because of the hip surgery I had in 2008. Had to cut my running mileage to about 1/3 of what I used to do, hence the XT to maintain volume (and therefore VO2max ;) )

_____

Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN with 5.
- 3 bike: WIN.
- 5 core/strength incl. 1 full workout: FAIL due to no full workout.
- 3 swim: WIN.

this week's goals:
- 4 runs
- 3 bike
- 5 core/strength incl. 1 full workout
- 3 swim

made almost all of my goals last week, but feel a tickle in my throat that may challenge me this week. attacking it with vitamin c (strawberries, mandarin oranges and tomatos!) and chicken soup today, so hopefully i'll beat it into submission before it inconveniences training ;)

i also need to walk more. got out snowshoeing with my sweetie yesterday, but due to one thing (seeing motorhead on feb 25) and another (dinner with a friend from california last friday) we haven't got our friday date night walk in awhile.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Ok. I've been telling myself I'll join this weekly thread for awhile now. So here I am. Keeping honest.
I'm here because: I love to participate in all three sports, but have no triathlons planned for 2011. I'm focusing on competing in masters swim nats in 8 weeks, open water races, and trail run races. I'm in build up mode from a hip injury, that appears to be recovering nicely, but watching it.

Goals: 1x yoga, 5x runs=19mi total, 5x swim=15,000yds total, 1x bike ride: intervals w/ group
Done: 1x yoga, 4x runs=15mi total, 5x swim=14,200yds total, 0x bike: intervals canceled due to rain (could have done them on my own, but wasn't motivated).

Next week goals: 1x yoga, 5x runs=23mi total, 5x swim=15,000yds total, 1x bike ride: intervals w/ group.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do : March 7 [npda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome aboard!

What events will you swim at nats?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I debated about the events: do I do the ones I'm "good at" and post sad times compared to my college ones or new fun events I was never allowed to do? I decided half and half. I'm doing the 400IM, 500Fr and 200FR (my events when I was a real swimmer) and the 50Fly and 100IM (fun ones!) + the 200Fr and 200Medley relays- twice, one time with my all women's crew and another mixed with the men. First swim meet since college 7 years ago, and I swore I'd never do another!

Masters is awesome because you can do mixed men and women in relays, mixed ages, and they have the 50s of the strokes and the 100 IM.

Plus, while there are qualifying times, anyone can swim up to three events with no QT.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do : March 7 [npda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uugh. I'm feeling a bit down because I've missed 2-3 workouts each week for the last couple of weeks that coach put down for me. Thought I would get back on track this week and then, bam! broke a tooth today and now have to go in for emergency dental work tomorrow, which is when I'm scheduled for my last long run bfore my spring A race marathon.

I know I'll plow through it, but still, some things stink!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do : March 7 [Dr.TriRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
third ride done! yeah!

Quote Reply