Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do: October 3
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: October 3 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goals were a long run and a speed workout. Check. I didn't make any frequency/distance goals as I'm done with triathlon races for the season and wanted this week to be a "whatever" week.

M – 6.5 mi run
T – 9.3 mi run
W – 6 mi run + 25 mi bike
T – 30 mi bike
F – 14 mi run
S – 30 mi bike + 5.2 mi run (SPEED) + 45 min yoga
S - 8 mi run

Speed - 1 mi w/u then, with 1 min recoveries,1, 2, 3, 4 min @ 6:40 pace, 4 min @ 6:31 pace, 4 min @ 6:23 pace. Walked 5 min to cool down.
Hip exercises: M, Tues, Sat. Shoulder exercises Tues.

I really liked cycling this week - wanted to go out yesterday but I had too much schoolwork to do. I was on the island Thursday (I've been going there once a week to do off-season work for my camp - unfortunately won't get down there again until Sun. of this week) and just had an amazing ride.

totals: 48.5 mi run, 85 mi bike.

Eating went so-so this week. One bad day, otherwise so-so. I tried eating a bigger breakfast so I wouldn't be so hungry at night... I've learned that eating a bigger breakfast so you're not so hungry at night just doesn't work for me (right now anyway). It just makes me really stressed about eating so much early on.

Goals for this week - will come back with the training goals. The biggest goal is schoolwork! I had a really productive weekend of thesis work and need to finish my outline/compilation of what I've done so far over today and tomorrow. I also have 2 chapters to revise. The outline is a big outline for the whole thing and I am doing it to figure out what I have written so far and what else I need to do.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Oct 3, 11 1:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done Tiger chik. Good luck on school. I miss school a lot.

I did really well on running 64 miles total, w/ 23 long run. My next event is running, so I"m kind of running focused right now.
However, didn't even bike or swim, and managed to gain a pound. So I have some work to do.
I start my training for IM TX in another week or two when I'll get serious about getting on the bike and in the water more regularly.
This coming week, my goals are
run - 65 miles total, w/ 17 long run, 10 @ MP
bike - at least 2 rides, one 2-3 hours long
swim - at least one But will try for 2.
Nutrition - stop eating junk and lose 1 pound this week. (I'd like to lose 5 before marathon in 9 weeks).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs including run for the toad 25k on saturday: WIN with 5, 6 if i include my race warmup
- 2 bike: FAIL. it was cold and rainy and i was tapering. didn't ride at all!
- 2 swim: WIN
- 4 core/strength: WIN

race went well, though i really wasn't feeling it for the first few kilometers. decided i'd just more or less use it as a long training day, walked as many hills as i wanted to, and was really surprised to see my time for the first lap (halfway point)! pushed it a little harder on the 2nd lap and ended up taking about 11mins off last year's 25k trail time (on a different but similar course), so i'm quite pleased though sore as hell!

took yesterday off completely, save for walking 9 holes of golf with my husband as a recovery activity :)

this week's goals:
- 4 runs, all easy
- 2 bike
- 3 swim
- 4 core/strength

have a date to go mtb'ing with a friend i haven't seen in 14 years on saturday, so getting some cycling in should happen this week. other than that, mostly just recover from the race and keep running - got a 6hr trail race at the end of the month.

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Oct 3, 11 9:55
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: October 3 [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love school.

That's awesome run mileage and an awesome long run. Are you running doubles, or is that all in singles?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thesis outline done and sent to my advisor. Next: chapter revisions.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
I love school.

That's awesome run mileage and an awesome long run. Are you running doubles, or is that all in singles?

Last week it was all singles. But legs a bit tired this week, so may run a double. I'm hoping to stay around that mileage or a bit higher going into marathon. I'm old and just praying nothing breaks. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Thesis outline done and sent to my advisor. Next: chapter revisions.

Congrats. That's awesome!!!!
What are you studying? I'm jealous, would like to go back for my PhD, but I have two in college, and one not far away, so I'll have to wait a bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mistress K -
congrats on a huge PR. I find starting slower and ending w/ some in the tank is the way to go. The soreness is temporary, but the PR is forever (I think I might have stole that from Lance. Oh well - it's true).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
NOTHING. => DONE

I might ride to work once or twice this week, and will swim on Saturday (K's swim lessons are at the same time so I have no excuses anymore). => Done, managed 3 rides to & from work, 1 swim (yes an actual swim) and even a nice & easy 7k run with the dog.

This week, and every week until I have another crazy goal/Dec 31st - which ever comes first:
Run 4x/week
Ride at least once/week
Swim once/week

See y'all in 2012!!! ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What are you studying?
Masters of Science in Teaching Mathematics. So pure math masters candidates take a ton of math content, we take a little less math content and more ed psych classes, courses about educational research, etc. I have also taken a lot of extra statistics courses (so I'm statistically sophisticated but still not significant ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks! :) legs are finally starting to make a comeback; i swear this is the longest my quads have ever been wrecked after a race! usually 2 days is it, but even now i`m still a little tender going down a set of stairs.

must try to forget how much this sucks before the 6hr race on the 29th - i finally got my registration in yesterday, and hubby`s in for the 5k (2 loops of the same course, starting at the same time as the 6hr) so we`ll get to run together for the first bit :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Not a good week for me. Caught an early case of flu heading into my peak training week for my first 140.6 (in three and a half weeks). Trying to remind myself that the training is cumulative, but it's hard sitting here on day five of no training and feeling like it's hard to lift a finger, let alone run.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: October 3 [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry you're sick - I hope the flu goes away quickly. Good of you to rest and not try to train ;-)

Quote Reply