Mine -
M - 8.5 mi run (speed: w/u then 6 mi in 42:03) + 1500 yd swim
T - 1.5 mi walk + 25.5 mi bike
W - 4.6 mi run
T - 8.5 mi run
F - 8.5 mi run
S - 8.5 mi run + 17 mi bike
S - 10.5 mi run + 17 mi bike

Didn't meet the goal of 1h45 a day; had 1h30 a day.
Goal for this week is to ride 100 miles and average 1h35 a day.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: August 22 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicely done! Your running mileage is awesome - I aspire to be able to run that much! ;-)

Last week: 6 weeks til marathon, not feeling the love. Saw the doc last week. Low on B12 and iron. I have some more tests this week and will have to try supplements or gad shots. Ugh. But it would explain why I feel so sluggish. Oh and today's my birthday - whoopdedoo - I am feeling old. => Update: B12 every night before bed, and my runs have been feeling better and better - it's doing something - maybe only a placebo effect - but I don't feel nearly as sluggish. The experiment continues.
Run: 7x (lunch times MWRF + mornings T and R) plus LONG run on weekend (Sunday) => Mostly done, I didn't do the long run on Sun - it was very hot that day and I hate LSD in heat so P and I logged a wickedly good + hard 3hr MTB ride instead. Mentally just needed the break.
Take Sat off and enjoy doing something with K, bike ride or noodling in the pool or both! => DONE! ;-) Had a great day with my girl.

Related/Other: I had a ultrasound last week, and sure enough - fibroids. :-( Explains the super sucky/extra heavy+painful cycles, and may be contributing to the low level anemia. Waiting to see the GYN now. Hopefully that won't be too long. Not sure what he'll suggest - BCP is not an option (je refuse!) so maybe we can talk ablation or ...??? I'd consider a hysterectomy if it was not so invasive - having already had 2 abdominal surgeries (and likely needing another for my umbilical hernia in the near future) I really want to avoid that. The recovery time is stupid. If it's only the hernia, I can recover a lot more quickly... I have been reading up on hysterectomies done vaginally, and that sounds far less invasive/easier to recover from... augh, it's too early to be talking about surgery, I know, just want some resolution. I think after not one but TWO Ironman's done on DAY1 of my cycle (yep, that bitch showed up for IMNZ and IMC, I kid you not, putting super tampons in your special needs bag kinda gives it away), I've earned some relief ;-)

This week: 5 weeks til marathon. Not a lot of time left!!! I think my goal of BQing is pretty slim, but I will try my best to get as close as I can. I *know* I can do a 3:50, but can I do a 3:45 - that is the question....I guess I will find out...
Run: TWRF at lunch; optional R morning with dawg. Might switch the F lunch for a double (to & from work), such a good way to get the miles up. Sat or Sun will be long day - depends on weather and how I am feeling.
Bike: Ride to and from work every day unless running.
Related/Other: Keep at the B12 for another week. Work on cutting back the coffee and the alcohol. Also, been a bit negligent in my veggie consumption - not getting the 7 servings a day anymore, more like 3 :-(

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeez andy, that sucks! hope you get some resolution ASAP, and glad the B12 at least seems to be helping!

last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN including a decently long one saturday
- 3 bike: WIN including surviving a 4hr mtb race i had no business starting
- 3 swim: WIN, and actually getting a bit of feel back for the water after a week off
- 4 core/strength: WIN

a bit banged up from the mtb race, but it's just a few bruises, a scratch or two and a couple of fleshwounds.

this week's goals:
- 4 runs
- 3 bike
- 3 swim
- 4 core/strength
- try not to come off my bike at the off-road tri on sunday

this would be a taper week, if i really had anything to taper from. holidays and family visiting from out of province really shit-kicked my training for the last month! fortunately sunday's race is just for fun ;)

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Aug 23, 11 9:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! Everyone sounds so committed! I am feeling the opposite although I'm kind of doing what I am supposed to.

2 swims
3 runs
3 bikes
2 days off (just hiking with the dog)

One hour bike yesterday and ran 30 min off the bike.
Mountains of laundry and packing today.
Leave for Pentiction (and IMC) tomorrow.
Quote Reply