If youâ€™ve been to an Ironman-branded race in the past 2 years, youâ€™ve probably seen and possibly tried HOTSHOT. Itâ€™s a spicy-tasting liquid (think Fireball,) that you drink before, during , and after exercise.
HOTSHOT is the first and only scientifically proven solution to prevent and treat muscle cramps, invented by a Nobel Prize-winning neuroscientist/endurance athlete. Its proprietary formula controls Neuro Muscular Performance (NMP) and stops cramps at the nerve, where they really start. NMP is how an athleteâ€™s nerves and muscles work together in an optimal way. More details about the product here.
Successful applicants will meet the following qualifications and have the following duties:
1. Cramp frequently (e.g., at least once per week or a couple times each month). In your response, please specify
a. When you cramp (swim, bike, run, strength training, etc)
b. Severity and duration of the cramps
c. Remedies youâ€™ve tried
2. You live in the US and are training now for an upcoming 70.3 or longer triathlon, Century ride or longer, Marathon, Ultra Marathon or comparable event, and will be through August and into September.
3. You arenâ€™t sponsored by a company making a product in this productâ€™s competitive set (this include any company that makes anti-cramp products to use before, during and after training in powder, gel and bar format.)
4. Testing period is 3 weeks, and 24 bottles will be provided at no charge to you.
5. Youâ€™ll use HOTSHOT product according to the following manufacturerâ€™s instructions with a focus on HOTSHOT products as a cramp prevention, treatment and recovery source during and after training and racing.
Â· Take one bottle 10 minutes before exercise to maximize your Neuro Muscular Performance.
Â· Take one bottle at the first sign of cramping.
Â· Take one bottle post exercise to reduce muscle soreness.
6. Youâ€™ll report your experience with the product at the end of the test period, on a Reader Forum thread youâ€™ll find for the purpose. We will post a call for reviews, as well as send you a reminder email.
7. Your report will pay specific attention to convenience, taste, energy levels, digestability, cramp prevention and reduction, plus whatever else you consider relevant. If youâ€™re chosen, we will send you a form to complete each time you use HOTSHOT.
8. Your comments may be used in a front page article that amalgamates all user reviews of that product, though you can choose the method attribution (how you wish to be identified) for any comments of yours that are quoted.
9. Please indicate your interest by posting here, or in a private message to Slowtwitch Concierge. In your private message, please describe your cramp history, list the event(s) youâ€™re training for, confirm youâ€™re in the US. If you post, please sure the email address on your ST account is current.
10. You must be a registered forum user and a recipient of the Slowtwitch Weekly Newsletter. Sign up for newsletter here: click on "Subscribe" on the upper right side of the page, or just below mid page blue line, where it says "Circulation Drive."
Standard Nutritional Review Disclaimer: We offer you NO warranty about ANY product. It's up to you to perform whatever due diligence you want. For example, our science editor Jonathan Toker wrote some time back about lab accreditation. You might want to inquire of any manufacturer about the lab where the product is made. Or about the ingredients. Your choice. We're adding this disclaimer before every one of these User Reviews.
Karen ST Concierge