Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri suit or tri top and shorts?
Quote | Reply
Doing my first sprint aqua bike in FL, should I go suit or top/shorts? Lake swim in April.
Thanks!

🐾
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [wawaski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, no wetsuit on the swim? With no wetsuit swims I prefer a tri suit. I have found that the tri tops balloon in the water and drag me down, even when they fit snug when dry. The only time I have not liked a tri suit was for pit stops. Running in the tri suit is fine for me.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Born a swimmer, borrowed a bike, laced up some runners, and the rest just fell into place for a solid MOP life.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

🐾
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with slo, I prefer a trisuit in general. One thing I look for if I'm doing a non wetsuit swim is a suit with either covered pockets or no pockets. Also I suggest looking for a high enough neckline and tight enough fit to prevent an exposed cleavage gap acting like a sea anchor. I'm not personally blessed in that department, and I typically wear a wetsuit unless its disallowed -- so I don't worry about it much -- but something to keep in mind.

http://must-be-half-crazy.blogspot.ca/
Supported by: Britannia Chiropractic Clinic | Team Nuun 2017
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!!!!! Looks like it'll be a wetsuit race, last years water temps low 60's. Brrrr.

🐾
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even with a wetsuit legal swim, for a sprint I would still go with tri suit, preferably without any pockets and as streamlined as possible.

"Ain't no shortcuts to the Opry."
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super, thanks. Reputed water temps in the 60's. Brrr.

🐾
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those of you who wear suits, how do you go to the bathroom? That seems like it would be a hassle. (Same reason I won't wear bib shorts).
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear a onsie for short course (sprint, oly), as those races are too short for bathroom breaks; two-piece for full distance. Half I tend to lean towards onsie, as I have never needed a porta-pottie sit down during the race.

If needed, a pee break can be had while sitting down in a grass transition area to change shoes, then dump a cup of water down your pants as you leave run out. ;-)

"Ain't no shortcuts to the Opry."
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I'll say it. Pee during the swim warmup. Then you should be good for the rest of a Sprint/Oly. At 70.3 distance, I stopped at the last port-a-potty on the bike course and just quickly ran in. I seriously think I was out in less than a minute... unzip front, yank it down, pee, yank up, zip back up. At that point the suit wasn't wet, so it was really quick.

http://must-be-half-crazy.blogspot.ca/
Supported by: Britannia Chiropractic Clinic | Team Nuun 2017
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your only choices are trisuit or shorts/top, then trisuit. Or you could get a swim skin to wear over your shorts/top.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [csb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all !!!!!

🐾
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can find different types of swimwear in Boutiqueken. Check it out!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [knour1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!!

🐾
Quote Reply