Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri suit or tri top and shorts?
Quote | Reply
Doing my first sprint aqua bike in FL, should I go suit or top/shorts? Lake swim in April.
Thanks!

ðŸ¾
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [wawaski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, no wetsuit on the swim? With no wetsuit swims I prefer a tri suit. I have found that the tri tops balloon in the water and drag me down, even when they fit snug when dry. The only time I have not liked a tri suit was for pit stops. Running in the tri suit is fine for me.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

ðŸ¾
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with slo, I prefer a trisuit in general. One thing I look for if I'm doing a non wetsuit swim is a suit with either covered pockets or no pockets. Also I suggest looking for a high enough neckline and tight enough fit to prevent an exposed cleavage gap acting like a sea anchor. I'm not personally blessed in that department, and I typically wear a wetsuit unless its disallowed -- so I don't worry about it much -- but something to keep in mind.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!!!!! Looks like it'll be a wetsuit race, last years water temps low 60's. Brrrr.

ðŸ¾
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even with a wetsuit legal swim, for a sprint I would still go with tri suit, preferably without any pockets and as streamlined as possible.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super, thanks. Reputed water temps in the 60's. Brrr.

ðŸ¾
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those of you who wear suits, how do you go to the bathroom? That seems like it would be a hassle. (Same reason I won't wear bib shorts).
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear a onsie for short course (sprint, oly), as those races are too short for bathroom breaks; two-piece for full distance. Half I tend to lean towards onsie, as I have never needed a porta-pottie sit down during the race.

If needed, a pee break can be had while sitting down in a grass transition area to change shoes, then dump a cup of water down your pants as you leave run out. ;-)

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I'll say it. Pee during the swim warmup. Then you should be good for the rest of a Sprint/Oly. At 70.3 distance, I stopped at the last port-a-potty on the bike course and just quickly ran in. I seriously think I was out in less than a minute... unzip front, yank it down, pee, yank up, zip back up. At that point the suit wasn't wet, so it was really quick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your only choices are trisuit or shorts/top, then trisuit. Or you could get a swim skin to wear over your shorts/top.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [csb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all !!!!!

ðŸ¾
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can find different types of swimwear in Boutiqueken. Check it out!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or tri top and shorts? [knour1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!!

ðŸ¾
Quote Reply