Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Time for a move
Quote | Reply
As much of a fun town Jacksonville is >it sucks here< I've decided to pull the trigger and make a move as to the fact who knows how long I'll be single, debt free, no kids... nothing really keeping me here. I have some friends that will let me crash with them in Denver until I get the business up and running, find a few clients, etc.

Any other womens live there or close by? Words of advise maybe?

Thanks a bunch!!

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Re: Time for a move [seh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might be interested in the Irongirls Endurance group. It is a bunch of neat women in the Denver/Boulder area. I am not currently in the area, but am in the group.

Good for you on your move! Good luck! : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jodi has been there for a couple years. Send her a PM for info.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The University of Denver has a LCM pool and a masters group.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in the Denver area--live in Littleton, work in the tech center. What specific questions do you have?
Quote Reply
Re: Time for a move [maija] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone. Which tri group is the friendliest and most active? One of the issues I've had here is that it's not all that friendly --- very cliqueish. I keep reading that the southwest side of Denver is the best place to live for triathletes??? And please tell me it's really that great to live out there :-)

Definitely checking out the irongirls group!!!

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For tri groups, I've only been a part of one--EPC Multisport. Everyone is the group is friendly, but it is primarily an Xterra focused group which is why I joined the group. I am not a part of the group this year because I am doing only running events and because they have been incorporating cross fit into most of their workouts which is not my thing. There are many Tri groups here as well as many masters swim groups and running groups. I was swimming with Ridge masters group in Ken Caryl and it was a really fun friendly group.

I live on the southwest side and really like it for cycling and running. I am close to a lot of good running/mountain biking trails trails (within a 10-15 minute drive of 6 running trails and 15-25 mins of another 10+more). Chatfield state park and the 470 trail and Deer Creek Canyon are close by for either flat rides or climbing. I find that for flat/rolling rides, I've lived places that were better in terms of scenery but it is still really good. But for the climbing--in terms of the length and beauty of the climbs, it can't be beat. I'm not sure what the future of the Chatfield gravel pond is, but that is close for open water swimming for now.

Depending on where you work, traffic can be a pain. Driving to the Tech Center or into Denver during rush hour is a awful. Also, if you care about this sort of thing, the restaurants in southwest Denver are mostly chains and lack variety. This is something that probably doesn't bother most people, but it bothers me. It can be an adjustment moving from a place with a lot of trees and greenery. I miss all the trees still. Nothing a good trail run in the foothills can't fix.

Overall it is a really nice place to live. Very outdoorsy and lots of other active/outdoorsy people.
Quote Reply