Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Raffle for Gazelle-- And the Winners Are....
Quote | Reply
The raffle drawing and Bacon Cook-off was tons of fun!

The winners of the Bacon Cook Off are (in no specific order):
Robyn - bacon wrapped prunes
Shelia – chocolate chip bacon cookies and Raisin bacon cookies
Jillian - triple bypass (bacon lasagna)
Mark - Peaches
Heather - snow peas and bacon
Bridget – roped in the help of the pizza shop across the road and brought bacon pizza
(It’s not all about bacon, but there is meat in team! !)

And more importantly, the winners of the race entries are:
North Shore 1/2 Marathon (13.1 Miles) June 14, 2009
Mike Rubin, Mary O’Toole

BigFoot Triathlon (Sprint/Oly) June 28, 2009
Katie Clifford, Dan Lucas

Bangs Lake Triathlon (tri/du/aqua) August 9, 2009
Natalie Gordon, Steve Moore

Bucktown 5k run October 4, 2009
Nancy Fudacz, Dave Harrison

Hot Chocolate 15k run (15k or 5k) November 1, 2009
Sandra Gordon, Angela LoCicero

TriShark Triathlon (Sprint) June 6, 2009
Megan Claucherty, Grant Reuter, Ann Dobbyn

Evergreen Lake Triathlon (Sprint/Oly) July 18, 2009
Scott Michalik, Andy Sfekas, Bill Gray

Dairyland Dare Bike (100K 200K or 300K) August
Mike Rubin, Nancy Fudacz

Thanks for contributing,
Happy racing,
Deanna
Last edited by: instigator: Mar 18, 09 16:11
Quote Reply
Re: Raffle-Win Prizes for tris, runs, and rides in IL and WI [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very cool thing to do for her! I think this is a great place for it :)

Are you doing any non-race prizes?

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Last edited by: kylie: Feb 11, 09 17:40
Quote Reply
Re: Raffle-Win Prizes for tris, runs, and rides in IL and WI [kylie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly, at this time we only have the race entries as prizes. I am hoping some IL/WI folks will jump at the chance to win entry to these races for $10. I can't stress how good the odds are right now.....
Quote Reply
Re: Raffle for Gazelle-Win Prizes for tris, runs, and rides in IL and WI [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check with Dan to see if he minds you posting this in the tri forum. You would probaby get a bigger response. A broader audience and all that.

I wish I lived closer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Raffle-Win Prizes for tris, runs, and rides in IL and WI [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yo D, tribabe.com is ready to donate items for raffle if that works for you. Let me know and I'll put something together for you.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Raffle for Gazelle-Win Prizes for tris, runs, and rides in IL and WI [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we just send $$ to help with expenses with not intent of entering the raffle?

I think the collective STer's were generous for Katy's cat so imagine what they will contribute for Tasha's boobs.
Quote Reply
Re: Raffle for Gazelle-Win Prizes for tris, runs, and rides in IL and WI [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think the collective STer's were generous for Katy's cat so imagine what they will contribute for Tasha's boobs.
bahahahahhahahhaha... I think that is the post of the year! AWESOME!

Quote | Reply
Yay! Save Tasha's boobies!

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Raffle for Gazelle-Win Prizes for tris, runs, and rides in IL and WI [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You sure can! But with Tribabe's donation and a donation of a pair of Newton's we now have awesome prizes for the out of towners! I will be updating both posts with these details tomorrow when I am more awake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

LOL, as I just told Deanna, I'm just waiting for the classic line from our ST menfolk: "Pics or it didn't happen!" ;-) Gotta love our boys.....

(And many thanks to Deanna for helping organize this - and to everyone here for all the good thoughts and so on. You are all the best!!)

--------------------

http://thethighmasterroutetokona.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Raffle for Gazelle-Win Prizes for tris, runs, and rides in IL and WI [Gazelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump!

I am "in the know" and odds are still excellent for winning the race entries, newtons, and tribabe swag! In fact, for a couple of them if you enter you will win!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hubby and I want in on the out-of-state raffle. Money is on it's way!

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Re: Raffle for Gazelle-Win Prizes for tris, runs, and rides in IL and WI [lilpups] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darn you! Lowering my odds....

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: Raffle for Gazelle-Win Prizes for tris, runs, and rides in IL and WI [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I win anything I'll buy you a cupcake, how about that?

Quote Reply
Re: Raffle for Gazelle-Win Prizes for tris, runs, and rides in IL and WI [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in as well, so those odds got even lower! :-P

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Raffle for Gazelle-Win Prizes for tris, runs, and rides in IL and WI [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes but methinks I'll have a cupcake coming my way so it really is a win-win situation.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only if lil'pups wins! If I win, you're getting a smart-aleck remark...

:-P

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Raffle for Gazelle-Win Prizes for tris, runs, and rides in IL and WI [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh! My cupcake may come with a smart aleck remark as well just for the hell of it. :)

Quote Reply
Re: Raffle for Gazelle-Win Prizes for tris, runs, and rides in IL and WI [lilpups] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to require a cupcake as well. Thanks.

Quote | Reply
How about if I win neither of you get a cupcake or smart alek remark but I will have my husband drive by your houses and I'll moon you.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent my $ yesterday, 3 chances to win the Newtons.

Hee-hee this is Erin, I'm using QRMM's computer....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep moving forward, just keep moving forward...

~~ I am no longer broken... ~~
Last edited by: dangerdave: Feb 21, 09 11:09
Quote Reply
Re: Raffle for Gazelle-Win Prizes for tris, runs, and rides in IL and WI [dangerdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darn you! :-)

I suppose I shouldn't discourage people from entering the raffle.

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: Raffle for Gazelle-New Prizes Added for those outside IL and WI [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SAVE THE DATE!!

The raffle drawing has been set for Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at approximately 8pm at My Fitness Company (2103 Western Ave, Chicago, IL).

And yes, we know that is St Patrick's Day which is why we will be kicking off the evening (starting at 6:30pm) with a Bacon Cook off. So bust out that bacon and prepare a dish to share. Each dish will be evaluated by a panel of 3 bacon connoisseurs on taste, presentation, creative use of bacon, and just plain old whatever else we decide at the time. And there will even be bacon related prizes for our podium finishers! Judging at 7:00pm!

Beer will also be provided!

And if we decide that bacon, beer, and raffle prizes are just not enough, the party can continue on with a pub crawl through Wicker Park/Bucktown.

An official invitation with a place to RSVP will be out soon! But I wanted everyone to mark their calendars! If you are not a member of the Team In Bacon facebook group, PM me if you think you may want to join!
Quote Reply
Re: Raffle for Gazelle-New Prizes Added for those outside IL and WI [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump.

I am looking forward to a chance to help out Gazelle and meet some Chicago ST'ers in the bargain! Have to see how the schedule shakes out over the next couple of days, but this is a great thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Raffle for Gazelle-New Prizes Added for those outside IL and WI [lkkinetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumpity bump bump bump

Jen

Quote Reply

Prev Next