Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Please recommend soft, pureed foods for me to eat post-oral surgery.
Quote | Reply
I had gum graft surgery this afternoon and need soft, cold foods. I have pudding, jello, and coconut ice cream but can't stand the thought of any more sweet foods. Does anyone have ideas/recipes for blended foods that are high in nutrients and especially protein?

Thank you!

--L
Quote Reply
Re: Please recommend soft, pureed foods for me to eat post-oral surgery. [lilystyx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cottage cheese

Yogurt - and if you don't want it sweet, get plain stuff. It's tangy, particularly the fat-free varieties.

Mashed potato / sweet potato - seems like they would be okay cold
Scrambled eggs are soft but likely wouldn't taste good cold

Baby food :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Please recommend soft, pureed foods for me to eat post-oral surgery. [lilystyx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
really finely minced egg salad?
Quote Reply
Re: Please recommend soft, pureed foods for me to eat post-oral surgery. [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

I should have mentioned that I don't eat dairy so that limits options a bit.

Egg salad sounds good!

--L
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah. Well, soy yogurt, coconut milk yogurt, soymilk, coconut milk

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about pho once it's cooled off? Rice noodles, tofu in a nice salty broth. Delicious!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
instant cream of wheat
cream of anything vegetable soup
throw in some soy protein powder into whatever you're slurping

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congee would be a decent bet if you wait until it cools.

I remember when I had oral surgery my Mum put cans of Chunky soup through the blender for me - like a steak milkshake!

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I just made a pretty high protein smoothie for breakfast - not too sweet, especially if you cut down on the amount of banana.

egg white protein powder, unflavored (or the pasteurized egg whites in the carton you can get near the eggs at the grocery store)
handful of spinach
natural PB - no sugar
your favorite unsweetened milk substitute (I like the TJ's unsweetened coconut)
frozen banana <- more or less, depending on if you want to cut down on sweetness
frozen berries <-not terribly sweet on their own, but could just omit
chia seeds

Other non-sweet smoothie additions - avocado, pureed pumpkin or squash (canned of either)

Speedy recovery!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Argh....as someone with fairly new braces & who recently had four extractions....I feel your pain sister.

ENSURE PLUS & ENSURE CLEAR have helped me keep some semblance of a calorie count when the appetite gets dicey. 350 calories in about a minute slugging through one of the vanilla ones & the taste really isn't bad. The peach clear ones are a go-to for me in the afternoon as well.

I know you said cold stuff, but I'm also a fan of panera's creamy tomato soup - I figured out it's not too bad cold & the croutons mush up after a while & are pretty manageable & tongue-mushable. I did learn to stay away from rice or other soups that had bigger bits of stuff to get caught places. And the tomato has the highest calorie count. Add in a smoothie & a couple of ensure drinks & while it's not the best plan, it's gotten me through. And vanilla ice cream in small spoonfuls.

Hang in there, stay tight on the meds for a few days & sleep a lot.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hummous? Refried beans? Split pea soup?

Cream of mushroom soup. Cream of wheat. Soft tofu.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a tonsils operation in March and I realized that the best foods were the ones that closely resembled my usual food. All the stuff thats usually recommended - ice cream, yogurt, did not seem appetizing. I understand you do not eat dairy, but for me eg very fine pasta with very finely (in a blender) chopped ham with cream sauce was a real delight. I used the thinnest hair thin pasta and broke it into tiny pieces before cooking. Potato mash was good, and pureed soups.
Quote Reply