Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My eyes are getting old...
Quote | Reply
My eyes are now to the point where I can't read my Garmin without my reading glasses. Changing it to only 2 data fields has helped, but I need more fields than that when doing an interval workout. Short of a) wearing my reading glasses while I run or b) getting reading contacts anyone have any suggestions? I bought a magnifying sheet with the thought that I would affix it to the Garmin, but that didn't work.
Quote Reply
Re: My eyes are getting old... [pookie87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear ya - I hit the big five O in May. This is the first year that I can't read much without using reading glasses. It sucks at dimly lit restaurants trying to read the menu.

My eyedoc told me about graduated contacts - I poo pooed them last year. I go see her next week and I will be begging to try them. I will let you know how it goes.
Quote Reply
Re: My eyes are getting old... [themadcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also switched to multifocal contact lenses last year, after going to a race wearing my fix-my-nearsightedness contacts and finding myself unable to read the printed directions to the parking lot. I also have progressive lenses in my daily glasses that are photosensitive -- so that's an option too if you don't like contacts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try a pair of glasses from Dual Eyewear. They have tinted and clear lenses with a small magnifier along the bottom. You choose the magnification just as reading glasses are made, 1.0, 1.5 etc,,,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I am considering some optx 20/20 hydrotac for cycling myself. was just at eye doc last week and they said they had clients using something like this but did not specify name of product
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This company is owned by Rudy Project. I got a pair of the Sport Readers last year, and I like them. I don't use them for running, but they work great for reading or seeing my phone when I'm out in the sun. I had a coupon offer where they were selling them for 50% off the price listed here, but I can't remember where I got it.

http://www.xx2i.com/...ctions/sport-readers

"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a trial pair of the multifocal contacts yesterday and HUGE improvement. While not perfect, I can read and still see distance.

Ask your eye doc about them!
Quote Reply