Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Marathon du Medoc
Quote | Reply
Highly recommended! This marathon/half marathon took place in Bordeaux, France and the course took us through various chateaux and vineyards. Bordeaux was offered at every 1-2 kilometers. My husband and I ran the half because I had wicked ITB problems that announced themselves about two weeks prior to our trip. I heard that oysters on the half shell are offered at mile 23. Most folks ran in costumes, but there were also bicycles and floats along the way.

This was a run for pure fun, not a PR, and my husband and I stopped each and every wine stop. We decided that if we wanted to run hard, we could have just stayed home and run a local race. I really can't wait to do it again.

A picture is worth 1,000 words so I'm providing a link to my race day pics. I hope you enjoy them.

http://picasaweb.google.com/...nkk/MarathonDuMedoc#
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon du Medoc [albarina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NICE! Will you please invite me the next time you go do something cool? Love the photos!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Men marathoning in a banana hammock/thong...Ouch!

And I thought that I was tough-don't even want to consider the chafing possibilities there.

Maybe enough liquid lubrication/inebriation makes it tolerable to exercise while being cut in half.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard about this one. It makes me wish I drank alcohol! Although I'm glad I missed picture #24.

Looks like a beautiful location.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OMG, the Borat costumes in pix 23 ARE PRICELESS!
Quote Reply