Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for a cool short tri intro article for inspiration
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has read any well written articles that introduce triathlon to wider audience? A friend of mine has asked for help to put together an article for a local municipality newspaper introducing triathlon and an upcoming sprint event in the area. My friend assumed that just because I have written a few articles in media and I am able to post funny things on FB I would make a good sports journalist. My head is absolutely empty.... As I will not be writing in English I thought it would be a good idea to get some best practice examples, if there are any. I have been thinking of collecting some personal stories about beginner triathletes to make it more personal and not so unachievable. Eg I have a friend who was nearly the last one on a bike leg of a tri and then she saw that there is someone in front of her she could pass if she tries hard. it came out the other biker was just a regular village guy pedaling to get his next beer in the local shop ..... I try to collect some more small stories. But other than that, no ideas.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a cool short tri intro article for inspiration [Kivisisalik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should take a look at beginnertriathlete.com. They specifically target new triathletes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a cool short tri intro article for inspiration [Kivisisalik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out BeyondTransition.com. I have written several articles for them as well as articles for NewtoTri.com. Both sites also have great articles by other folks as well that you might want to use.

---
Check out my blog!
http://gottatri-atriathletesjourney.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply