Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Learn to pick your battles....
Quote | Reply
Sorry if anyone has posted this before. I normally do not post/forward the "look at the cute kitten/this is SOOOOO funny" kind of crap but I nearly wet myself reading this. After the "Dumb shit guys say" thread, I though this was funny because frankly, his ass was handed to him. All over towels.

http://thebloggess.com/...o-pick-your-battles/
Quote Reply
Re: Learn to pick your battles.... [genkigirl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You and I might be lost sisters. I want to send you a personal thank you note for posting that. And I'd like that woman to run for president. She had "Knock, Knock Motherfucker" mongrammed on the towels! OMFG! That is pure AWESOMENESS!

I also can think of about a million things I would do with a five foot tall chicken. Sweet Jesus, what the hell is wrong with me.

You have officially made my day. Thank you!

"15 YEARS IS BIG METAL CHICKENS" Oh, hells yes!

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now THAT was an inspirational story. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's so funny. Thanks for sharing the link :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you love that blog post (and you should because it's amazing!) you have to read her book. (Amazon link here) I had to take breaks while I was reading it because I'd be laughing too hard.

Michelle

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
genkigirl1 wrote:
Sorry if anyone has posted this before. I normally do not post/forward the "look at the cute kitten/this is SOOOOO funny" kind of crap but I nearly wet myself reading this. After the "Dumb shit guys say" thread, I though this was funny because frankly, his ass was handed to him. All over towels.http://thebloggess.com/...o-pick-your-battles/[/quote[/url]]

It is exactly that incident that prompted me to mark The Bloggess as a permanent favourite link a couple of years ago. I visit her weekly and am always blown away by the stuff she puts on there, and her don't fuck with me, y'all, attitude. She suffers terribly from depression and has laid it all out for the world to see, but she NEVER wants people to feel sorry for her. Just to know they are not alone if they go to dark places in their mind, too. Her cat is named Hunter S. Thomcat. And she collects taxidermy. She is awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: Learn to pick your battles.... [mdraegerpnw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great post! going to get book!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is EXACTLY what my night needed. Probably woke up half of my housemates with my giggling, but it was totally worth it. Thanks for sharing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twitter | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahaha! That was awesome!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This reminds me of when a friend brought home a giant inflatable Homer Simpson dressed as Santa and put it up in his front yard. When his wife came home, she was majorly pissed. lol...it was hilarious. We still laugh about it
Quote Reply
Re: Learn to pick your battles.... [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My husband read that post and said, straight up, "That is totally something you'd do". God damned right! Because it's awesome.

I am the first to admit that I'm not wired right, but that shit is just funny. C'mon. I would smile every time I used those towels.

Giant inflatable Homer? Totally funny.

A five foot tall metal rooster named "Beyonce". It doesn't really get much better.

I am sick.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting! Bookmarked her blog and ordered the book.

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
RD, The Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival
http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Listen, girl, I just had to repost this in the LR because I have been laughing about it for days. I also think you should, on occasion, if you have time, share your awesomeness over there--in the LR. It would be really great to have a few more women with fabulous senses of humor representin.

--------
Quote Reply
Re: Learn to pick your battles.... [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was freakin' awesome!! Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Learn to pick your battles.... [joyrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joyrider wrote:
That was freakin' awesome!! Thank you!

http://pamie.com/...newest-urban-legend/

And ebrunner posted the above link in my repost in the LR.

If you liked the "Big Metal Chickens" read, you should definitely check out this one too. Especially if you've ever been pregnant. Then it might be required reading.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Luckytori - thanks for that! I couldn't stop laughing and the kids were asking "what?! What?!" "Um, nothing,"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just requested the book from the library :-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Feb 12, 13 19:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

can't get the link to work :-(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
Listen, girl, I just had to repost this in the LR because I have been laughing about it for days. I also think you should, on occasion, if you have time, share your awesomeness over there--in the LR. It would be really great to have a few more women with fabulous senses of humor representin.

I have SEEN the LR. I don't know if they could handle another outspoken female over there! ;) Watching the guys fight like little kids does amuse me though. I have to say, I think THE bets thread I've ever seen in my life was the "waaaambulance" one. That is comedy gold! That and the type of pool people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OH MY GOD!!!! Visions of a pregnant woman rolling around naked screaming!!

"and there’s a parasite that lives inside of me that absorbs all of my nutrients."
I have often called fetuses parasites (they ARE!!) and man, do people ever get pissed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I kinda pulled the same thing on my ex a few years back. By same thing; he really pissed me off one night playing his drums so I had donkeys painted on the drumheads so he could always be reminded he was an ass whenever he played. We laugh about it now - not so much then :)

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just bought the book to read on the airplane!

Quote Reply
Re: Learn to pick your battles.... [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't read it but I have visions of you being the crazy lady who keeps laughing and no one knows why! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And now, in the back of my mind, whenever I get a massage - my one huge reward after a hard training week or race, I will be panicking about this.

*sigh*

ew ew ew!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply