Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ladies --> Pregnancy and training
Quote | Reply
Ladies, at what point in your pregnancy did you have to stop riding your bike? Also, did you have issues while swimming? Specifically the butterfly?
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies --> Pregnancy and training [aqualady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!!

I rode my road bike until I couldn't comfortably bend anymore. Rode my MTB until I was 32-33 weeks. After that I was just too big to do it comfortably. If I had a cruiser bike I probably would have ridden until delivery time.

My last swim was 2 days before my son was born. I was only doing free/back - I'm not a fan of fly at the best of times.

Everything will vary depending on you and your body. As long as it's comfortable, keep on trucking. And don't compare yourself to others or even your pre-pregnant self - it will drive you crazy. Be grateful for whatever you are able to do. It feels like forever at the time, but it's just a small blip in your life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode my bike until 6-7 months. I quit quite early because I was gigantic. I swam until a few days before the delivery. At the end I could only do free and back. You will know when its time to stop doing butterfly and flip turns.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode on the road till about 28 weeks (without an upturned stem much to my disgust) and continued to windtrain until the day before I gave birth. Just put an extra block under the front wheel to accommodate the tumtum. The thing that was most uncomfortable was my sit bones from the extra weight so I was only doing around 45mins.
And I also swam until the day before, I busted out a few lengths of fly now and then - mainly just to make my slack lane-mates who weren't doing fly for no good reason feel bad. I actually found swimming quite uncomfortable the whole way through - my tummy felt so tight and being stretched out didn't help. I kept tumble turning the whole way through, the only thing I stopped was diving in because I was getting close to hitting the bottom...
Quote Reply