Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

JEWELRY QUESTION FROM A GUY
Quote | Reply
whats the ladies opinion on colored pearls? cheesy?

milwaukee's groupon has a sweet deal on pearl necklaces http://www.groupon.com/r/uu1222195 and im looking into some for my wife.

thanks for any feed back about color preferences.
Quote Reply
Re: JEWELRY QUESTION FROM A GUY [SC_NICK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The link opens to my local groupon page, so I can't see what you are looking at. However, I'll give you my opinion: In general, I do NOT like colored pearls. There are some black pearls that I've seen that I do like, but pink or blue are out for me. They generally look cheap IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: JEWELRY QUESTION FROM A GUY [YarnYoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats kinda what i figured too...if you wanted to see it try switching to the milwaukee groupon.

thanks for your opinion!
Quote Reply
Re: JEWELRY QUESTION FROM A GUY [YarnYoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YarnYoda wrote:
The link opens to my local groupon page, so I can't see what you are looking at. However, I'll give you my opinion: In general, I do NOT like colored pearls. There are some black pearls that I've seen that I do like, but pink or blue are out for me. They generally look cheap IMO.

eh, sorry but I tend to agree. not my favorite look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless you can choose white or get certified Tahitian black pearls don't do it - the coloured ones usually look cheap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've seen some mahogany brown pearls I really liked. Aside from that, no.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hiya SC_NICK,

Firstly - good on you for wanting to buy something nice for your wife.

Secondly, only buy her coloured pearls if she already has some in her jewellery collection and wears them often. Basically, only buy them if she's specifically told you she's like them. If she doesn't already own coloured pearls, don't buy them.

The only colour pearls I'd wear are black. Even white pearls these days look a little dated.
Quote Reply
Re: JEWELRY QUESTION FROM A GUY [Alex Genie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
she is kinda spoiled...but i got a new tri bike this year so its all good.

thanks for the feedback. i raided her jewelry box and didnt find any pearls so i think im just gonna go with the classic white look this time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of real black pearl earrings and matching necklace from the Cook Islands. I love them, they look great, I get lots of compliments on them, oh and they weren't cheap. But you can tell the difference with non-white pearls, particularly after a bit of time.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't go wrong with classic.
Quote Reply