Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Insanity, P90X & Zumba
Quote | Reply
Convinced my hubby to do either the Insanity or P90X videos with me and before we call the 800 number we constantly see on TV, wondering if any of you ladies has either one of those laying around you've never used or decided you are never going to use again and is collecting dust/taking up space and you want to sell them to a fellow ST'er. PM me if you are interested.

Same with Zumba. We have spontaneous dance parties in our house on a daily basis and think it would be a hoot to rock the Zumba workout on occasion.

Thanks!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Insanity, P90X & Zumba [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have craig's list in your area, check it our for P90X and Insanity. You will likely find tons of folks selling "copies" of the disks at a deeply discounted price. But if that's not something you want to purchase, you can usually find the "real" dvds for a bit more on CL as well. I bought my set of "real" P90X dvds on CL for about $50.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P90X is completely worth the money. I didn't like Insanity, but mostly because it was just boring to me. Don't even know what Zumba is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doing Insanity and P90X2 right now, in the off season. I'm loving both. Never did P90X but X2 is geared more for athletes, lots of core work and balance.

Be careful with getting copies, sometimes you don't get all of them or you don't get the nutrition books. I'll admit, I'm a coach. And no, I'm not going to yell at you about trying to get it cheaper. nowadays, $ is tight and sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Just be careful buying it from just "anyone".

I know you'll love Insanity!! :)

http://www.myendurancedream.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally willing to spend the money, just was wondering if anyone was thinking of getting rid of theirs. Now just to choose which one we'd rather do - so thanks for the input on what you gals like of one vs. the other.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I had to pick just one, I'd pick Insanity. For the simple reason, my coach, who is an elite triathlete, had amazing results using Insanity over the winter. Her run and bike times went way up. and this was before I ever met her, so I'm not just spouting off.
Plus, Asylum (and now Asylum II) feed off of Insanity, so you can end up with a set of workouts that will really take your athletic skills up a number of notches. At least that's what I'm hoping. :)
I haven't done Asylum yet, but will be hitting it Jan 1st.
Good luck!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah I do in fact- sitting on my desk about to be listed for sale: I copied these into the DVD system at work so these are the original disks of Insanity and TurboFire. I can look around for the nutrition guides as well as I think they are in my desk at work. PM me and we'll strike a deal on one or both ok?
Quote Reply
Re: Insanity, P90X & Zumba [robinlynn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a couple questions.

This is the second or third time I've seen that people said Insanity helped their bike / run times. But what about specificity. Would time be better spent run /biking?

Second questions is what is P90X2? I've done P90X, but never heard of the 2 version.

Thanks for any info.
Quote Reply
Re: Insanity, P90X & Zumba [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can see, just from a few weeks doing Insanity how it will help run times. Not rocket science, what Shaun T did was take a number of running drills and put them into a cardio workout. There are sprints, high knee drills, butt kicks to increase your endurance and more.
For biking, he does a lot of ab/core work and shoulder work. Burpee type exercises, power jacks and more to increase endurance.

P90X2 is all about increasing core strength and LOTS of balance work. For example, you do med ball pushups, on 4 med balls. that's right, each hand and each foot. and NO, I haven't gotten that good, yet! :) Another one is lunge forward at the same time you do an Arnold press then lunge back (within that same exercise) while doing a bicep curl. He hits more than one muscle group at a time. Not as fast as Insanity, but you will work up a good sweat. I made up my own hybrid of the two for the past month. November I'm going to add back in my swimming. I run and bike just "whenever" right now. And despite what others say, I had NEVER done either program completely before making the hybrid and I'm over 50. You'll find folks who say that someone like me shouldn't do it. (over 50 and not in tip top shape), whatever! My coach knows me and I talked to her before I did it. I'm planning on following the Iron nun and being at Kona when I'm 80. :)

Let me know if you need to know any more about those workouts!

Quote Reply
Re: Insanity, P90X & Zumba [robinlynn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I'm planning on following the Iron nun and being at Kona when I'm 80. :)

You and me both!!! Happy training
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you google the various insanity videos like "insanity pure cardio" and filter to view videos over 20 minutes you can see the full length insanity videos. Most are posted on vimeo.com. I think the insanity videos are good. You get alot out of them if you are really giving it your all and don't be discouraged if you have to take a break. After doing them everyday for the 60 days program I put them in every now and then for a workout. I just got into long distances and duathlons and I'm looking for other indoor workout videos. I just got 3 Chris Carmicheal's dvds on climbing for cycling. I tried one for the first time last night and it was very challenging.
Quote Reply
Re: Insanity, P90X & Zumba [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
think insanity helped my bike bc of all the core and squats, did it last winter and when got to riding on the road was amazed how I felt strong during and not beat up after
I just started them over again. Mos 1-amazing such a great hard workout in under 45min! Mos 2 workouts are an hr long and hard! Found difficult to do much else besides that, but after yrs of just s/b/r finally lost last ten lb. Also never had so many people ask what on earth I was doing all of a sudden!
Quote Reply