Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I made it seven days in a row :-)
Quote | Reply
(without eating issues!)

Up to this point I've been able to get 6 days but not 7 so I am quite proud.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: I made it seven days in a row :-) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woo Hoo! Well done from this side of the pond. Keep up the good work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is all kinds of awesome!! Congrats Tigerchik!!! So thrilled for you! One day I hope I can do as well. You are an inspiration!
Quote Reply
Re: I made it seven days in a row :-) [Bamboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you should get a calendar - a sticker for every day is so helpful for me. I can think "no, I can't [insert behavior here] because I want my sticker" and then you get to see them add up.

Keep at it, you will get there too. And even just trying to get a whole week in a row you "inadvertendly" are okay for 2 days, then 4, and so on... there are little "wins" in the process I think.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Mar 18, 11 1:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So wise. Even when things go awry you can still see the positives! What a great idea! It is too easy to forget the good and remember only the days that didn't go as planned. And all those 2s and 4s will stand out if highlighted. I think I will buy big stickers so they stand out more. Thanks for the idea. And so great to hear things going well for you!!!
Thanks
Bamboo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After 7 days my past two haven't been that great. I was really tired on Thurs. and ate a bunch of candy. I'm feeling 50/50 whether that counts as bingeing or just a "you're really tired, forgive yourself" day. Last night I was again exhausted and, though I'd already eaten dinner, had a big bowl of pasta with EVOO. I know it's just fatigue forcing the sugar/CHO cravings but I've was good over those 7 days, when similar things happened, to think "you're tired. How about a cup of tea? That is soothing." Or going to bed or whatever.

up/down but I am still only at 4 days this month whereas the past 2 months I had 7 ... so I can beat my "record" still :-)

And yeah - TOTALLY big stickers.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, being over tired causes all sorts of bad behaviour for me.

One thing that I have been told (haven't quite been able to embrace yet though) is that even when things are not going to plan and I have started to binge, if I notice it and then stop, I should give myself credit for that. Currently I don't. But it makes a lot of sense that you should get credit for stopping an action as much as never starting it.

I think maybe that is why I like the sticker idea so much. Maybe a special interception sticker for those times. :)

Give yourself a break!! You are doing great!! And sounds as though you are really coming to terms with it. Congrats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yesterday was a sticker day!

In Reply To:
One thing that I have been told (haven't quite been able to embrace yet though) is that even when things are not going to plan and I have started to binge, if I notice it and then stop, I should give myself credit for that. Currently I don't. But it makes a lot of sense that you should get credit for stopping an action as much as never starting it.

I have struggled with that too. This is how I've thought through it:
- Stopping is regaining control. Rather than letting the emotions/urges control you/direct your behavior, you are taking charge again. It's like when you're substitute teaching and the kids are being just AWFUL because you're a sub and they think they can get away with it. You can either let them, and be walked all over, or you can stand up for yourself. Stopping bingeing is consciously standing up to your eating disorder and saying HEY. BUG OFF.

-Non-theoretical perspective: I'm always happy when I can STOP bingeing because if I kept doing it, I'd consume a whole bunch more calories.

Do you have trouble with black-and-white thinking? It comes down to challenging that and accepting some grey. We're temped to say "I binged, I screwed up, no sticker" when the reality is you actively fought the ED by stopping. So that's somewhere in the middle of choosing a healthier behavior than bingeing to deal with whatever emotions [and not bingeing at all] and bingeing with complete abandon.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey tigerchick,

I am glad you are having good sticker days!! Feels good!! Good for you!!

I am very black and white. I understand that I must change that way of thinking. I am working on it. A long slow process. Wish I could wear a patch. Now that would be great! :)

Today was mostly a sticker day! Good luck with tomorrow!!

Bamboo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, changing thinking does take awhile.

I feel like yesterday was 1/2 a sticker day for me too.

Quote Reply