Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I'm Beat Help!!
Quote | Reply
Ok so what do you all do to perk up after a really hard workout? As soon as I'm done I have to go pick up my 5 year old from school so I need to have energy. Is it that my recovery drink/meal isn't enough? Do I just need to resort to immediate caffeine? I am at the end of a build week so I am sure its somewhat normal- but what do you all do? I don't have time for a nap!

COtrimom

Quote Reply
Re: I'm Beat Help!! [COTrimom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get enough calories in you right away. I use Endurox when I don't have real food. Some caffeine works for me as well in addition to the food. Depending on what time of day it is I'll either grab a latte or tea at a drive-thru.

Tiredness is cumulative too so I'll give you the standard "be sure you are getting enough sleep"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will tell you what I did, I got injured from being too tired after training and then trying to look after 3 children. Listen to your body, if you need to train hard, train after school drop off, do what you need to do by 12md and then go to bed for an hour or 2. Pick up the kids (I don’t know what school hours are in the USA but here in Australia it is 9 till 3pm. If you don’t rest you will be a cranky mummy, but if you rest you will be a happy mummy. Make sure your training is reasonable perhaps get a trainer who understands a mother’s commitment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ok so what do you all do to perk up after a really hard workout? As soon as I'm done I have to go pick up my 5 year old from school so I need to have energy. Is it that my recovery drink/meal isn't enough? Do I just need to resort to immediate caffeine? I am at the end of a build week so I am sure its somewhat normal- but what do you all do? I don't have time for a nap!
I hear you. What I have found that works fair for me - I guess you are supposed to be a little tired :) - recovery drink (and mine is lots of protein) and then within 30-60 minutes I have something with lots of carbs. I guess it's all about experimentation.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Beat Help!! [Coyote] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I guess I will get more faithful in terms of my recovery and then just really get a good meal in an hour after. I do get my workout in at 8"30 but then pick up at 11:30 so no nap is feasible at this point. Thanks for the suggestions I will follow!

COtrimom

Quote Reply
Re: I'm Beat Help!! [Coyote] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
from a nutrition perspective - you'd be better off switching the carb and protein - CHO is resynthesized faster in muscles RIGHT AFTER a workout, you miss that glycogen window if you wait.

I got to product-test Rapidade Recharge and have quite honestly found that makes a HUGE difference for me in terms of mental alertness and stuff.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've found that a bottle of Hammer Nutrition's Recoverite perks me right up. I used to use it just after a really long workout, but have recently started drinking it after moderate workouts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've found that Fluid Recovery Drink works very well. It has a some protein, and a nice amount of the right sugars. In the 30 minutes after a workout, those sugars are really what you need.

PM me if you want some more info on it. They are a smaller company in Cali, but are defintiely growing.
Quote Reply