Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? May 18 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 18 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a good week after Friday at about 3 pm... :D I submitted my dissertation prospectus (this is about a 60 page proposal of my study - not the actual dissertation, which is about 2 yrs down the road), took a midterm, and once those were over, it was amazing how calm and un-stressed I finally felt. I had such a good weekend... very little schoolwork to do meant I had time to write in my journal, read, nap, sew, clean... I felt like a real person!!!

My goals had been self care: write in journal every day for at least 10 min (I wrote in it twice), work on my sewing (which I did), and not binge (I did once).

So some of the stress has dissipated.

will update with workouts later... must get to class :P

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's great to hear - glad you had some YOU time! :-)

Last week:
- Run 4x DONE and felt GREAT (even managed to do a bunch of skating drills after runs)
- Ride once (either MTB or long [4+hr] road ride) FAIL
- Football once (due to long weekend) DONE
- Powerwash & sand & paint deck (ugh) On 2nd coat now.

Last week was really crummy in a lot of ways. Had to lay off a pretty senior guy on my team - that stank. Diagnosed with asthma - that stank but am now on meds and find I am coughing up a lot more junk - getting it out I guess. Spent 4 days coaching blackbelts - that was pretty good. And I basically blew this long weekend (today is the holiday) doing a million things on the TODO list including the deck - while not how I enjoy spending long weekends, it all needed to be done and the deck looks fantastic so that was pretty good.

This week:
- Run 4X (and try to do some skate drills after again, that worked well)
- Ride once
- Football 2x
- Lay off two more people tomorrow :-( and there will be another 30 or so across the company, so tomorrow will be a really shitty day.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long time no see :)

Finally getting my life together and setting priorities. Still travelling every other week for work, but working to get an occasional run in. We went on our honeymoon to Europe and managed to walk almost 100 miles in the 19 days

I did my first tri of the year on Saturday - the Woman of Steel super-sprint. 300m swim, 12.5 mi bike, 3 mi run. Despite my dearth of proper training, I didn't completely flop. I had zero power on the bike, but managed negative splits on the run and times that weren't abysmally slower than my usual pace. It was a great event in that it was all female and environment was really positive - a perfect reminder of how much I love this sport and how it makes me feel.

I have another sprint scheduled in 3 weeks, so will be pushing to see what I can change in that time frame.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 18 Edition [AC Tri Girl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well-done on the race and nice to see you again :-)

AP, sorry about the layoffs :-(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week was a good week for training!
I got in 4 bike rides total. 90 miles of outdoor riding (61 + 29), two indoor interval sessions (computrainer + sufferfest) one was 60 mins, one was 40 mins.
3 runs, two at 5mi and one at 10 mi on a very hot nasty muggy heinous day... so I was so slow, but whatever.
one of the bike and run sessions was a bike/run brick. It actually felt really good.
Swam 3x for a total of 11,600 yds.
Got in one strength training session. Hoping to get in 2 of these next week.

This bit of training will be very swim and bike focused, so I'm good with running 3x a week for now.

Glad on the swimming but super excited as next week we will be in the OUTDOOR 50m POOL and I LOVE IT TO DEATH!!! Hoping to then get in some good 4k long swim workouts.

Dog - possibly not so good. I am watching the muscle wasting away. He is looking downright skeletal with a pot belly (due to prednisone). It was very hot for him and he doesn't seem to be doing well with that. He didn't eat breakfast this morning, so I gave him two dog cookies. He ate those. We are getting a cool down tonight and will have weather very much on the cool side tomorrow so I'm hoping the bad breathing and not eating are due to the heat.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 18 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obviously suffering. Today is going to have to be the day we say farewell to our canine friend. 10.5 years, not bad for a large dog (70 lbs).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Swim x 2: FAIL. 1 only.
Bike x 1: win
Run x 4: FAIL. 3 only.
Core/strength x 4: win

I don't know what ailed me last week, but I was ill. Exhausted to the point of passing out at my desk and zero appetite. Took Tuesday night completely off and went to bed. Improved marginally through the week, but still peaky through Saturday morning when I left for 3 days of backpacking.

Was reasonably fit & strong on the trails and feeling ok now, if a bit sore through the shoulders (mostly from filtering water - the pump requires a motion I don't perform often).

So now I need to rest up for the race on Saturday.

This week's goals:
Swim x 1
Run x 3
Core/strength x 1: done
Mobility/stretch x 2

I think at this point I'll be lucky to finish the 50k. No time goals or anything - just try to enjoy the trails a bit and keep on moving 'til it's done.

Sorry about your pup, determination :(

Quote | Reply
Sad face and big hugs. :-( AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry. :(
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 18 Edition [AC Tri Girl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome back!!! Sounds like a fun race.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 18 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks TC and ED :)

There was zero vibe of competition and just a sense of comraderie - really nice for the new folks and the super-slow folks like me.

Glad to see you are all hanging in there. It sounds like there have been some ups and downs for everyone.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
*massive hugs* They leave permanent paw prints on our hearts.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My fingers are crossed that the cooler weather helps your dog. Many hugs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a fairly easy week (one trainer workout, two short runs, no swims) in preparation for my Golden Triangle ride. Wrote all about it on the blog but short version is: had a great time, bike confidence much improved, looking forward to doing it again.

Plan for now through to next Weds is run x 4, have fun with friends and family while I'm in the US and try to get in some open water swimming at the lake where my friends are getting married.
Quote Reply