Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? June 23 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope all the womens are well!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 23 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run x 5: WIN
Bike x 3 incl 1 singletrack mtb ride: WIN
Swim x 4: WIN
Core/strength x 4: WIN
Paddle x 1: WIN, though would have liked to go longer

This week's goals:
Run x 6
Bike x 4
Swim x 4
Core/strength x 4

I need some sleep.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Really crummy week. It started SO well with a long bike ride, had a nasty bout of soreness and laziness (and getting kicked out of the pool so they could clean it - bad timing), and ended with a fun event - a Fairy Tale 5k.

So when I heard "Fairy Tale 5k" I thought, ZOMG excuse to wear my Cinderella costume, talk my husband into being my Prince Charming, and have a nice jog. Even with the 7pm start time (glitter cannons. Ugh) it was 88 degrees. Did I mention my costume has metal boning and is corset-laced in the back? Mhmm. Kyle was not appreciating his polyester getup, either. That said, the race was GORGEOUS, through sprawling gardens with "mythical creature" setups every quarter mile or so. Mermaids in a pool, pirates at swordplay, the queen of hearts threatening a white rabbit, a white rabbit seeking his watch, a tiny Alice seeking the white rabbit... and it ended in front of these amazing waterfalls. 36 minutes - not awful for heat, corset, and some hills and gravel. Really minimal chafing from my costume (whew!).

Me Before - Kyle Before

End of Race with DJ/Announcer (per her request) - Me After in Car (really impressed with durability of Lancome makeup!)

So of course now I am sick as a dog :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was a mix of good/bad.

Goals were:
PT x 6: got 5
Bike x 3: done!
Swim x 1: yeah, that didn't happen.

I started walking to work in the morning, and blew myself up on Friday after I got caught at work and missed the shuttle. I had to walk and I was a HURT puppy by the time I got to the train. So it's good to know I am not ready to do that yet after spending the day walking around the office.

PT was great, we had a really productive Thursday which was a win. Usually I have been in too much pain that day to do much, but taking Wednesday off in between has been a good strategy.

But I was also able to ride the trainer for 30 min yesterday. Super light watts still, but it got my heart rate up and felt good. I'm really happy about that.

I'm going to try to do this week what I should've done last week:

PT x 6
Bike x 3 + swim x 1 OR
Bike x 4

I'm having a hard time wanting to get in the pool again. It was the second thing I quit after kicking started to hurt. It was exceptionally painful and I can't get it out of my mind. How do I get over this??
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 23 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canoe, kayak, SUP?

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 23 Edition [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feel better.

Nice race! I could never manage to look so good post race! And the Utah heat - oh my, I had never felt such heat until last week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was on vacation last week so I didn't make goals aside from "whatever happens." I had a wonderful time with my brother. The fun included things like
working in the garden
playing with the chickens and ducks / taking care of them
going to a movie (1 Million Ways to Die in the West is HILARIOUS)
disc golf
walking him to work (w/ dog)
walking to meet him at work to pick him up (w/ dog)
shopping - got some nice merino wool sports bras and a jacket, and a brand new TYR workout bikini for $5. Guilt free shopping because I was replacing stuff stolen in my luggage over spring break
hanging out with friends in the area
playing Settlers of Catan
going to the New Roots farm stand
and while we were in Seattle, we visited Pike's Place market and did the Underground tour.
altitude training :D
finishing runs and being covered in dried salt (I'm serious; I love that)

workouts (M - Seattle; rest of the week - Salt Lake)
M - 2000 yd swim
T - 8 mi run
W - 800 yd swim* + 8 mi run
T - 6.6 mi run*
F - 3000 yd swim + 8 mi run
S - 3 mi run
S - 11 mi run

*I woke up late.
*progressive miles, both 8:45 to 7:00 pace

Totals 5800 yd swim + 41.6 mi run

Goals for the week:
keep doing well with food (have been fine for quite a while now, actually)
at least 20k swim
not run so much that it cuts into my swimming

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh my gosh, how cute!!!

I'm struggling again. My scale is showing some high numbers and pants sizes have had to be increased. My knee still isn't letting me run so I'm pretty limited in what I can do. I'm trying to swim a couple times a week, I see my personal trainer once a week. My work got out of control for a while and consumed my time and energy so nothing was happening for a couple weeks.

I'm thinking about getting a second opinion on the knee. So frustrating.

I did go to a class at my new gym though. It was a core class and the instructor suggested I come to her Body Pump class which starts 30 minutes before. Light weights, high reps which would be good for me. Something different.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was Stuttgart, Munich and Florence. :-) Very busy week but I managed to run 6 (!) times (2x in Stuttgart, 1x in Munich and 3x in Florence where it was hot as a dog). I captured my visits in my Master Black Belt blog with lots of pics here: http://amacmasterblackbelt.blogspot.ca/ in case you want to read it - warning! it's a LOT of cars! :-) I flew home yesterday (awake 23 hrs straight) and am feeling pretty wiped today.

I managed a pathetic run and ride to & from work today although I shoulda taken today off - my brain was fried by 1pm and I was pretty useless. This week, I am aiming for 5 runs, 5 rides (just to & from work for now), yoga once, hopefully a nice hike on the weekend with family & dog, and hopefully a swim.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's hilarious! :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 23 Edition [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
I'm thinking about getting a second opinion on the knee. So frustrating.

I did go to a class at my new gym though. It was a core class and the instructor suggested I come to her Body Pump class which starts 30 minutes before. Light weights, high reps which would be good for me. Something different.

Do it. It's so much better when you know what's wrong with you and how to get better. Go see the team doctor for the Seahawks if you can, even if you have to wait a little.

Congrats on trying something different! I hope you like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Canoe, kayak, SUP?

Canoe - I do paddle all 3 from time to time, but currently getting my sweetheart trained up for a 4 day canoe trip in Frontenac Provincial Park at the end of next month (STOKED). We just got some beautiful new paddles (a bent shaft for him and a much lighter ottertail for me) that had their first taste of water Sunday evening.

They're are actually made in our own city - http://greyowlpaddles.com/ (6D touring & Northern Light)

This lake is 10mins from our house and has a boat launch that is free for non-motorized craft.

Glad to hear you had a fun week with your brother - hope he's doing better.

Yeah katcycles - you're making great progress!

Sorry to hear your knee is still being grumpy JenSw - hope the BodyPump is something that will help you work out some frustration! Definitely get the 2nd opinion; even if it's just confirmation, at least you'll know a little more about how you need to proceed, and the new doc might have some different ideas for treatment.

Fun pics, Agilecipher - feel better soon!

AndyPants, I am totally jealous. I would take horrible heat if it meant I could go explore Europe while running, and I would have drooled myself into a critical state of dehydration over those cars!

Cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Jun 24, 14 8:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Decent week, except no long run, and my 2nd swim of the week was canceled by t-storms and the next night I could have swam was canceled by a special preview restaurant opening contest that I won a seating at with 25% off the bill.

I got in plenty of runs - 6 I think?, and 4 rides.
But I'm struggling when to do my long run. I lately have been really enjoying doing back to back long-ish rides on Sat./Sun. with the husband - now, I don't think it's a good idea to do a 40 mi ride and then do a 12 mi run...
So that's something I'll have to work out. I'd also like to reintroduce core exercises.

Lately my super long commute has been bothering me too. But not much I can do about that for now.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 23 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What beautiful oars!

Thank you all for the well-wishes - back on my feet today and worked with my trainer (ew, leg day). The awful heat here is messing with my sleep and I just feel like I've been having hot flashes all day... for 4 days. Even my husband remarked that I am hot to the touch lately (though no fever).

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply