Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 2 Edition
Quote | Reply
Happy Groundhog day!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 2 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forgot about Groundhog Day! It's been cold & snowy here the last few days, so hopefully the prognosis is good...

Had an okay week. Got 4 runs done. No biking though. I'm going to spin on Saturday, but I really need to get on the bike during the week.

Almost signed up for a couple races & then didn't. Maybe I'll bite the bullet today.

Home with a sick kid today. I'm getting a cold too - up all night with a feverish little one is doing nothing to help me get healthy. I want to eat a giant breakfast (calorie counting is going well) & crawl back in bed. Instead I'm cuddling on the couch watching Frozen.

Goal for today is a nap. Goals for the week are 3 runs & at least two bike.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 2 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Do you wanna build a snowman?" specially now that our melt is over and we're back to it being really cold and all the white stuff?

Whatever I had totally wiped me out. On day 10 now and still not 100% and the other half has some suspicious sounding sniffles. I swam 1300m yesterday and then needed a 2 hour nap to recover. There were some days when even the sitting down yoga from doyogawithme was a struggle. On the plus side, I ate everything but the scale isn't too mad at me.

Looking ahead: swim x 2, bike x 2, run x 4, 1.5 days skiing. I want to jump right back in but trying to be sensible. Also have our air consumption test at the fire department this evening so that'll be interesting (not done it before).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My mom only had 2.5 days of school last week because of the snow and stuff in Maine, and she is off today. I WANT A SNOW DAY! I actually really miss the snow.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: same as last, 15k swim/60 mi bike/ less than 50 mi run, day off from running.
4 swims for 10,200 yds
2 bikes for 12 mi
6 runs for 50.4 miles

So I made the run goals :P
I had a rough week of feeling overwhelmed with schoolwork, and had 2 rough days w/ food. The real goal for this week is to get back to doing well with it, and remember that no matter how much work I have, I typically manage to get it done. The workout goals are the same as last week :-) one of these weeks I will make it!

M: 7 mi run (a bunch at 7:30 pace) + 3800 yd swim + 6 mi bike
T: 8.5 mi run + 1400 yd swim
W: 7.2 mi run + 6 mi bike
T: 7.6 mi run + 2700 yd swim
F: 8.1 mi run + 2300 yd swim
S: 12 mi run
S: off

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would take a lot of snow for us to get a snow day.

Looks like a lot of "little" shovels over the next week. Neighbours are out of the country, so it's two driveways instead of one. My back apreciates the more frequent/less deep shovelling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one of the days they got 24 inches :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did all runs, that went well, only biked and swam once.
Need to figure out more biking.

Called in yesterday due to the snow. I have a long commute and I was sure all the clients would cancel anyway (which they did).

I"m going to make my goal this week to get on the bike twice. That's my goal.
Otherwise, marathon training is going well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm gonna join in here for accountability. My fiancé and I just bought a 1983 Skyline mobile home that we are renovating and are going to hopefully be living in by the end of February so my schedule has gone wonky on the weekends and evenings - not to mention I don't sleep well because there is constantly "one more thing" I need to remember to do!

Anyhootie, I got about 2.5 hours of training in last week, mostly runs, a little brick on Thursday and zilch swimming. But I was right back in the pool yesterday with my new Roka sim shorts - interesting toy to try out!

I'm calling last week a recovery week and moving forward with "regularly scheduled" training, although I don't think my March 1st half marathon PR is going to happen. ;-)

Patti

Patti in NJ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
one of the days they got 24 inches :-)

Yeah - a big dump for us would be 12". :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the Tour of Sufferlandria, all nine days. My legs are wrecked but I'm happy. Got back in the pool this morning and felt great! Hopefully back to running tomorrow.

work life blows so I'm focusing on spending happy time with my toddler, that seems to be working.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Swim x 4: win
Bike x 3: win
Run x 6: win
Core/strength x 4: win

This week's goals:
Swim x 4
Bike x 1
Run x 5
Core/strength x 3

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Feb 5, 15 8:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is cold here in Quebec, for the World Masters winter games. I'm done long track (4 bronze medals and 4 new personal bests), short track (2 bronze medals and 3 new personal bests), and the 50k marathon skate today (4th place and I can almost feel my toes again). Really enjoying the camaraderie with all the other skaters from USA, NED, SLO, RUS, MON, JPN, ITA, SWE, NOR. I can't recommend these type of events enough. The level of competition is ridiculous with many former Olympians competing (and still kicking butt I might add). I will post some pics shortly. I have the 25k marathon left on Saturday but after 5 straight days of early mornings and full days of skating, I am very much looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 2 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't wait to see the pics! Congrats on the PB's.

How long does a 50k skate take?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pics (I'm on an iPad so they won't embed sorry)

Me, my 6 SS medals and a beer (of course):
http://i57.tinypic.com/9lju4m.jpg

The speed skating ladies: http://i60.tinypic.com/2j1547q.jpg

Before the star of the marathon this morning: http://i61.tinypic.com/2llm3wl.jpg ( note the 1.65k track in the back)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CONGRATS!!!! That looks like sp much fun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Winner was 1h40ish. I was 2h53. Mostly because I couldn't get on a draft train and ended up skating most of it alone.

Last race: 25k on a 400m oval tomorrow (yeah that's a LOT of laps, thank goodness for chip timing).

EDIT: I am DNSing the 25k this morning. My big toes still have some numbness and tingling right at the tips and it's 10degC colder with stronger winds today. Not willing to risk my tootsies. Oh well - not the way I wanted the games to finish but that's ok, I'm sure it is the right decision in the long run.

AP

------------------------
Last edited by: AndyPants: Feb 7, 15 5:45
Quote Reply