Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Boston Edition
Quote | Reply
Marathon Monday :D

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Boston Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
New goal = get faster at swimming for a scm meet in Maine on June 20. well I did some swimming... but mostly wanted to just do long easy yards, so aside from two days of 5 x 100 fast, I just goofed around.

I had a pretty good week last week. My masters thesis advisor visited (she's on a research trip), and that was nearly as good as having a parent visit.

I ran 6 times (50.5 mi), swam 5 times (13,300 yds), and rode once (34 miles ish).

Goal this week = lots of swimming. It is actually what I am enjoying the most right now. Although the bike yesterday was good too.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
race week sometimes sucks. Race is Sunday. Serious tapering going on this week. Which means I'm antsy, bored, and trying not to fill the boredom with eating.
arg.
I'm also trying not to think too much or get nervous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Swim x 3: win with 4
Bike x 2: win
Run x 6: win
Core/strength x 4: win

This week's goals:
Swim x 2
Bike x 1
Run x 4
Core/strength x 2
Mobility/stretch x 2

Pick Your Poison 25k on Saturday. No idea what possessed me to think running up and down a damn ski hill was a good idea - they're even supposed to get a bit of snow in the days just before the race.

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
This past week:
- Run 4x and get back to lunch time running! DONE
- Football x2 DONE
- Weights 3x (really liking the 5x5 program, found a co-worker who uses it as well and she loves it too) FAIL - only once. Will re-evaluate my desire to do this.
- Tackle the "weekly to do" list - we've started a weekly "to do" list to make sure we find things to keep ourselves busy during the week because we have noticed that we're watching too much tv/too much screen time and we're drinking more beer than we should be - we know a lot of it is the "I'm bored" problem, combined with the work stress problem, topped with a generous helping of it's now a habit problem - the list is to give us stuff to distract ourselves with... :-) DONE holy crap this weekend was busy busy and we watched way less TV and ate less junk and drank less beer.
Got in 1 bonus ride.

This week:
- run 4x
- ride 3x
- weights 3x or kill the program and just admit it's not gonna happen
- football 3x - our first "games" are Sunday (they play 5 short games kind of like a mini round robin tourney)
- keep on the honey-do list plan (pressure wash deck; paint deck if nice weather; finish washing all shutters - yuck)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a busy week for me last week - 12+ hours of swim/bike/run (mostly bike) and call-outs pretty much every day except Friday. I landed up running x 4, biking x 5 and swimming x 2. I also borrowed Strong Curves from the library and started doing glute activation work. It's really helped with an issue I've had in my left leg so hoping that glute weakness was the issue because I can work on that! Discovered that my local pool is kept at 30.7C/87.3F which explains why I struggle to swim in it; I mean that's warmer than the temperatures they suggest for aqua-therapy and here I am trying to swim laps in it.

Legs were beginning to feel super trashed and I have a race (HM) next Sunday so not sure what I'll do this week. A few short runs, bikes and swims but not going to put any pressure on myself. It was our 12th anniversary yesterday so I took the day off completely and we drank cocktails and champagne and had nice food; I got the sweetest card which I was not expecting at all and promptly burst into tears. I got him this card although I was tempted to get him this poster.

Good luck determination and MistressK!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I RAN.

It felt (mostly) awesome.

Yay.

That is all. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Boston Edition [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YAHOO!!!! I am very happy for you!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Boston Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck!!!

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Boston Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hang in there - distract yourself - and have a great race!!!!

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Boston Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:
Pick Your Poison 25k on Saturday. No idea what possessed me to think running up and down a damn ski hill was a good idea - they're even supposed to get a bit of snow in the days just before the race.

-mistress k

Yeesh. That sounds awful. Have fun!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Boston Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
determination wrote:
race week sometimes sucks. Race is Sunday. Serious tapering going on this week. Which means I'm antsy, bored, and trying not to fill the boredom with eating.
arg.
I'm also trying not to think too much or get nervous.

Maybe binge-watch a TV show to take your mind off of it? If I were a better person I'd tell you to do yoga and meditate. Or you could combine them and do yoga while you binge-watch a TV show.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First full week of Ironman training done and dusted! Got in almost everything I wanted . . . missed one run. It's always the running that goes first.

I feel like I'm becoming a better swimmer. I've given up on the Total Immersion stuff I've been doing forever and made up my own hybrid of swim technique. It feels better, and I'm getting faster. Just goes to show that ideal form is a different thing for different people.

Highlight of the week was getting to watch the local women's rugby team on Saturday. They were awful; lost the game something like 69-0. But it was a beautiful, sunny day to be outside watching sports!
Quote Reply