Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? August 4 Edition
Quote | Reply
Happy August! How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 4 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Decent week. On 7/27 I raced the Olympic of Challenge New Albany because I won a free entry. I had fun. I was also scoping out the course for a possible half next year. I'm a bit undecided. I wanted a 'birthday tri' for next year, definitely a half ... I didn't get to see all the bike course, but the swim venue was nice. The run course would have very little shade. For us this year it was overcast, thank heavens. But that could be a scorcher of a run course.

Monday I ran and tried to swim. My right arm started being weirdly sore Monday afternoon. I bailed on the pool after 400m. Tuesday I just had NO motivation to do anything so I bailed on planned workouts and worked on the house. Wed. my arm was still sore so I ran but skipped swimming. Thursday it felt fine. Friday it felt fine so I decided to swim. When I started it seemed like it was going to bother me again but it only mildly did so and didn't get worse, so I did my planned 60 mins.

Saturday was a fun long bike ride with friends. Sunday was hot and humid and I did a hot humid run. I seem to have started to chafe worse this year than ever before in my entire life. The arm pits. Ugh. If wearing sleeves I'm OK. Sleeveless not OK. I have always used bodyglide in the past... it seems to be failing me now. Ugh! I'm lighter/smaller and faster than in past years, too. I'm wondering if my sweat rate has increased? Oh well.
After I ran I did a really pokey super short bike ride. Basically because it's summer and soon enough it won't be and I won't be able to ride outside.

This week is a taper week for Milwaukee. I am hoping to get in the top 33% in my age group. Last year I missed it by 2 or 3 spots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good week at home but not at work. We were asked to cut X% from our budgets. My team and I did that, partially by myself and my 3 most senior staff offering to reduce our salary costs by workday 1 day out of 10. Our proposal got rejected. Instead, almost 50 people will lose their jobs. Now, our proposal could have saved maybe only 2 or 3, but the point is, that I am no longer willing to work for an employer who thinks that unless he has a $1M profit per month in his pocket (yes PER MONTH), there must be cuts... well... he can just stick it.

I applied for a job with a very well known non-profit today. It's time to change the value proposition in our house. :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 4 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
determination, I get that armpit chafing too - I think it's an effect of having nice latissiums dorsi muscles from swimming.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 4 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll update with last week's workouts later, but I did make my stated goals.I even tried something new: I took my bike out ;-)

Goals for this week = ride everyday (done M and T so far), swim T Th, run workouts and recovery runs (i.e. not let all paces regress to the mean), do well w/ food

ETA: last week's training
goals had been swim at least 10k between M and Th DONE; do well w/ food DID FAIRLY WELL; get a lot of work done SORT OF. I NEVER GET AS MUCH DONE AS I HOPE, AND PERHAPS SHOULD LOWER MY EXPECTATIONS :P

M:11 mi run + 1600 yd swim
T: 7 mi run* + 1300 yd swim
W: 8 mi run + 4600 yd swim
T: 6.5 mi run + 5000 yd swim
F: 5 mi run
S: 11 mi run**
S: 25.1 mi bike

* 11 x 400 @ 8.0, 8.2, ... , 10.0 mph ; 1 min recoveries
**fartlek hills

totals 12+ km swim, 25.1 mi bike, 48+ mi run

Last edited by: tigerchik: Aug 5, 14 9:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You rode?!? No way..... :-)

Sorry about the rant earlier - just really frustrated with work right now.

This week: ride x5 with one longer ride on the weekend; run x4 ( two done already), swim x1, maybe try a skating club dry land session.... And finish scraping the paint off the side of the house so we can paint it.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 4 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ranting is always allowed.

I have now ridden 3 days in a row! It has nearly doubled my cycling mileage for the year.

(Do you Canadians say "kilometerage" instead of "mileage"?)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I usually just call it "distance".
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 4 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah; that makes sense.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't done any swim/bike/run for over a week, but I'm pretty ok with that.

So much paddling & hiking. So many amazing sights. It rained every single one of the 4 days we spent canoe tripping through Frontenac yet didn't spoil a single thing, then we had perfect weather for drive-in camping, hiking & kayaking at Bon Echo.

This week's goals:
Swim x 4
Bike x 3
Run x 5
Core/strength x 3

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
August has greeted us with a lovely mixture of 99-degree weather and thunderstorms. Utah is WEIRD (and not just the people). I've determined that I pulled something in my toe, because it's been awful since Vegas. Running feels fine for about 10 minutes, then it starts panging and gets progressively worse.

I got in two sessions with my trainer (holy crap I'm actually using heavier weights!), one tiny run, and one good bike ride. The big win of the week was a scale victory - under 140 lbs for the first time in a year! HALLELUJAH! Granted, I still have a ways to go. No swims because of the open sores on my feet and ladytimes - that's going to get fixed this week. I haven't seen the FFF's at the gym in the last two weeks, so it might be safe...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 4 Edition [AC Tri Girl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on the scale and more importantly the heavier weights!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 4 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GORGEOUS! The loon picture is incredible.

Quote Reply