Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week: November 21 Edition
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week: November 21 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a good but stressful week. My thesis is done. I finished it around noon yesterday, drove to school to print it, and the printer and computer wouldn't play nicely with one another. So it's not printed, but I'm headed to my office in a bit to try again. I had a stressful day yesterday but did fine with eating and I am super proud of myself for that.

Training: our college pool was in scm and I made it there once :-) scm are a huge treat for me.

M - 5.6 mi run
T - 8 mi run
W - 4 mi run + 4500 yd swim
T - 11 mi run + 1200 yd swim AM + 2900 m swim PM
F - 4 mi run + 3000 yd swim
S - 6.8 mi run
S - 6.4 mi run

Hip exercises M, W, T, S, S. Shoulder exercises/weights Sat. Training totals 11,900 yds swim + 45 miles run. I think my goal had been under 40 miles run, but at least I didn't run 55+ like I have been.

Thesis finished: oh yeah.

Goals for this week - I am very anxious about this week because we're traveling for Thanksgiving. I will come back later with goals/my plan for the week. Any advice for getting through the holiday is appreciated - I will be at a beach cottage with about 10 other people - I am worried about the food and not having any alone time. :-( I am looking forward to being on the beach!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Nov 21, 11 1:10
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week: November 21 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey all

Tigerchik - done w/ thesis =AWESOME.
Yeah, thanksgiving is hard. You sound like me. I have my schedule, and my foods. But remember to have fun. It's only a short time. And the great thing about the beach, is you can always leave and walk on the beach for some alone time.

My week :
Monday swim x 2500 m
Tues - Run 8 in a.m., legs sore and tired from long run last Sunday, and massage on Monday
Wed - Run 6 in a.m., and bike 1 hour in afternoon
Thurs - run 9 in a.m., and bike 1 hour in afternoon
Friday - run 9 in a.m., and swim 2100 in p.m.
Sat - 2 hours on bike, and 7.5 miles run
Sun - Run 13.5 - wanted to run 16, but sudden onset sharp pain in right heel made me both slow down and shorten run. Sigh. Only 2 weeks out from marathon - not a good time for new pains. Still dealing w/ left hamstring.

Total
14 hours
run 53 miles
bike 4 hours
swim x 2

This week - should be a taper week, but w/ all the eating, and the time off (it's hard to just sit around and not exercise) it'll be hard to cut back too much. I'll try to not run over 50 miles, I'll try to get closer to 40, but no promises. I'll keep my bike about the same, all easy, and will try to get an extra swim or two over the weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Enjoy.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week: November 21 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice week!
I'm doing ok so far. No issues with eating. Super tired of being around lots of people though!

Quote Reply