Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heart rate monitor bra for a small bust
Quote | Reply
I would love to find a HRM bra for running, the kind that have the sensors built in and have snap attachments for the HRM itself. I just tuck my HRM under my bra band for cycling but this isn't secure enough for running unless I tighten it quite a lot (and then have trouble with stitches).

I have ordered a Pure Lime one in an A cup...and the cups are saggy. Is there a crop top option out there or any other brand that you would recommend?
Last edited by: MadNellie: Feb 20, 15 14:26
Quote Reply
Re: Heart rate monitor bra for a small bust [MadNellie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have a small chest (aero boobs) as well and wear the Oiselle bras and have never had an issue and my HR monitor strap is super loose, I just tuck it in under my bra so it's above the bottom bra band. I bought a bra a few years back where you just snap in your HR monitor but the sensors on the bra were crap and I could never get it to pick up the signal.

Elisha
"Triathlon doesn't build character. It reveals it."
Last edited by: f_ahsile04: Feb 20, 15 15:47
Quote Reply
Re: Heart rate monitor bra for a small bust [f_ahsile04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll give that another try, perhaps with a bra that has a band slightly further down to leave room for the HRM.

(Love the aero boobs!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tend to do my sports bra shopping in the teenage girl's section of the nearest cheap department store. The AA & A bras designed for 11-13 year olds playing school sports fit the best - even adult size A is frequently overly optimistic for me.

HRM just gets tucked underneath the bottom band (when I can be bothered wearing it)
Quote Reply
Re: Heart rate monitor bra for a small bust [blackthugcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I safety pin my HRM to my bra.
Quote Reply
Re: Heart rate monitor bra for a small bust [grrladventure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah! Good idea!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just logging on to start the HRM/bra thread and here it is!
Although my questions are somewhat different.
I have a medium sized bust (32/34 B/C...depending on the brand). I am looking for the best running bra that will help keep my HRM in place and won't cause it to chafe the sh*t out of my chest. I don't have much of an issue with bras when I'm biking...definitely more of a running issue.
What does everyone use and love?

http://www.tri-ingtokeepwarm.com
Quote Reply
Re: Heart rate monitor bra for a small bust [akbreezo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Similar sized chest here. I like the Nike Pro bras and have had no issues with my him strap under them for cycling/running etc. Recently my moving comfort bra gave me these huge scrapes right in the centre of my chest where I'd tucked my hrm into the bottom strap.
Quote Reply
Re: Heart rate monitor bra for a small bust [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems that bras with wider bands on the bottom work best with HRM straps. Agree or disagree?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While it's true that my nike pro bras all have a wider bottom band than the others, the others (moving comfort and UA) also have hook and eye closures at the back so not sure how that fits into the equation. The MC bra also has a more prominent bottom band (thicker, more texture) than the others.
Quote Reply
Re: Heart rate monitor bra for a small bust [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also think a lot of the problem is that size of the straps themselves. They are too big for ladies! I can cinch it tight, but am still pulling it up as my workout goes along. I saw some discussion about this on the Runner's World forum and it sounds like garmin may be coming out with a new strap, which should may help with some of this stuff.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An option if you have a sewing machine (or take it to your local dry cleaner/tailer) is to put two horizontal buttonholes about 1 inch long into the front of the bra band. Put one under left boob, one under the right. The sensor from your strap sits under the band, but the band threads to the outside of your bra through the buttonholes. This works best on a running bra that is a single piece of stretchy material, less well if it's a bra that has a separate piece of elastic. Of course, you also shorten the heart rate strap so it is a comfortable length. This might also involve cutting and sewing if you're so thin there is no further room to cinch it shorter.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read (possibly on a DC Rainmaker post) that putting a bandaid or medical tape along the bottom edge of the heart rate monitor strap can help with the chaffing. I tried it (with medical tape) and it did help.

Unfortunately I have found no bra to make any improvement in the HR strap discomforts I feel.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree the strap is way too long - I have mine adjusted as small as it will go and it still scoots down while I run (measurement under bust = 32"). I also find the metal clasps themselves annoying (dig in and bug me) and am even aware of the HR monitor seam. All reasons why I'm moving away from a chest strap and am going to try a optic HRM (Soche Rhythm).

Quote Reply
Re: Heart rate monitor bra for a small bust [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.lessbounce.com/...uKv8QCFWjlwgodAWkARw

How about something like this. I saw it on a US website the other day in A cup but I can't find it now.
Quote Reply
Re: Heart rate monitor bra for a small bust [Stumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that looks great. I may try one, presuming they'll ship to the US.

Quote Reply
Re: Heart rate monitor bra for a small bust [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they are more readily available in the US than Europe.
Quote Reply
Re: Heart rate monitor bra for a small bust [Stumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks perfect if I could find it in an A cup!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.berlei.com/...n-Wired-A-D-Bra/Blue

I bought this one a few weeks ago in 34A and I have to say it is absolutely brilliant.

Fits like a glove, no chaffing and fits under my Soas Racing vest out of sight.

Very happy bunny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ran a marathon last weekend and this time I decided to wear my HRM to see the data. The chafing was horrific, but I didn't notice it while I was running, probably due to the other pain I was in! I had chafing in a horizontal line below the area between my breasts, and chafing on both sides of my body at the bra line. I have big raised scabs.

In the search for a bra with built-in HRM, I found some interesting facts:

1. Victoria's Secret *used* to make one, but can't find it for sale any more.
2. Shock Absorber has one, but only for size B and above. Now this makes no sense to me at all. Runners often have no breasts at all, myself a case in point!
3. Lululemon had one but doesn't any more.

This makes me wonder whether they are having problems with quality control, reliability, customer washing, or returns.

With the cost of the Berlei bra at $100, wouldn't I be better off buying a wrist based HRM? I found the Mio Link ANT+/Bluetooth as a possibility, at $72. It is better for many reasons. I don't have to restrict myself to using just one bra. I usually have problems with measurement abnormalities due to the strap being not wet enough or my synthetic shirts messing up the readings, and that does not happen with the wrist based HRM. The main downside is the battery lasts 10 hours, not long enough for an Ironman or ultra.
Quote Reply
Re: Heart rate monitor bra for a small bust [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have just bought the Rhythm+ HRM. You can strap it to your forearm or upper arm and so far, it is working well. I don't know that the Velcro-like fastening will last long as it is not very sticky...but so far, so good.

I also looked at the Mio ones but don't think I have room on one wrist for both HRM and Garmin (although it might even be able to capture swim HR if it is waterproof)!
Last edited by: MadNellie: Oct 5, 15 0:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this. The Rhythm looks better than the Mio, from the reviews.
Quote Reply